PDA

View Full Version : Festool Gloat with huge discount?

Calvin Crutchfield
04-16-2007, 8:52 PM
Whilst reading some threads and doing my own research before buying the Festool Rotek 150 w/CT 22 Dust collector Package, I was under the impression that Bob Marino was the place to go for my festool needs.

I have not dealt with him and I'm sure he is nice, but I noticed Mcfeely's had the package $100 less! This was shocking enough to me that I placed my order for the above package (Item# P2571594) at Mcfeelys for $720 versus the Marinos price of $822. Mcfeely's mistake?

Doesn't festool have fixed pricing? After more research on this given package I found a few other dealers at $769 while most were at $822 and of course McFeelys at $720 with no tax and free shipping!

At least in my mind I saved $100 of a package that wasn't supposed to be discounted. :)..... I did, however, wait to gloat until I got the shipping notification!

Jim Becker
04-16-2007, 9:07 PM
Did you ask Bob about it?

Jeffrey Schronce
04-16-2007, 9:09 PM
There is supposed to be a price increase. I bet someone is either a head in the game or behind in the game.

Matt Hyman
04-16-2007, 9:14 PM
Not sure what's going on at McFeely's, but everybody else has it listed at $822 including Festoolusa.com. Sounds like you definitely got a deal.

Roy McQuay
04-16-2007, 9:25 PM
I had to look. I went to the McFeely site and looked at just the Rotek alone. The prices were the same as everywhere else. I already have the Domino and vac, so I only want the sander. Glad you got a deal.

Doug Shepard
04-16-2007, 9:33 PM
Me thinks you got lucky and found a pricing mistake on McFeeleys site and they chose to honor it? While we're on the Festool price subject, it occured to me recently that I've never seen any factory refurb prices on any Festool stuff. You'd think they'd have to have some returns, however minimal. Maybe Bob knows if there's a refurb program.

Bob Marino
04-16-2007, 9:45 PM
Yes, Doug's got it right - an oversight/mistake on their web-site. All prices are otherwise the same. Festool has discontinued their refurbished/demo tool proram a couple of months ago.

Bob

Tony Joyce
04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Ask what the employee discount is if you work for a dealer.

Don Bullock
04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Calvin, congratulations on your new Festool. Getting a "deal" on it makes it even better. :D