PDA

View Full Version : Lumber is Sacramento?

Jeff Finazzo
04-16-2007, 2:45 PM
Does anyone know of a good lumber yard or sawmill near Sacramento CA. where I can get 5/4 (6" wide) western red cedar. Clear and tight knot. I need a lot of it (2000 +/- lf or more) for making outdoor furniture. Doesnt have to be right in Sacramento, within a days drive would be ok.

Thanks

Spencer Keysan
04-16-2007, 2:57 PM
Gahnal Lumber

Jason Beam
04-16-2007, 2:57 PM
I'm guessing you've tried Hughes, Aura and Higgins already. I've never sought out cedar before, but there are a few places up in Auburn that a few club members have talked about - Might check the yeller pages for up there.

If you'd said Redwood, I'd mention the Redwood lumber yard in west sac, off W. Capital, but you didn't mention redwood :P

There's also Sierra Lumber up on Auburn Blvd, but I've never been there.

Now that I think about it, I'm probably not much more help than flipping through the Yellow Pages.

If you do find something, I'd be interested to know, though!

Darren Duchi
04-16-2007, 5:12 PM
Jeff i would contact Berco Redwood, I think is one of the names that comes to mind. Also I think you might be pleasantly surprised about Hills Flat Lumber, out of Auburn and or Truckee Tahoe Lumber. All within a couple hours at least. Quality Western Red Cedar is in tight supply right now so you might have to hit a couple of places.

Good Luck