PDA

View Full Version : Breadboards and Dominoes?

peter slamp
04-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you guys think that using Dominoes for breadboard construction would be sufficient? I was thinking of using the larger mortises for the outside tenons. I'm guessing I would glue the tight fitted center M&Ts and leave the outer loose fitting M&Ts unglued. Perhaps a dowel through the outside tenons. Would this work? Thanks! Peter :)

peter slamp
04-16-2007, 6:42 PM
.....Anybody?

Mike Cutler
04-16-2007, 6:51 PM
Pete.
You might want to try to post a pic, or drawing. It might make a better visual.

If it were me. I'd try the big loose tenon glued in the middle. I'd glue the smaller tenons to the non bread board material,and leave enough length for a pin to go through the tenon with some slop. The ends have to be pinned, or the breadboard end can pull away at the ends.
It sounds as if it can be done, just take a little forethought.

Dave Rudy
04-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Do you guys think that using Dominoes for breadboard construction would be sufficient? I was thinking of using the larger mortises for the outside tenons. I'm guessing I would glue the tight fitted center M&Ts and leave the outer loose fitting M&Ts unglued. Perhaps a dowel through the outside tenons. Would this work? Thanks! Peter :)

I think it should work well. I havent gotten to try it yet, but I am expecting to use the Domi for breadboard ends exactly as you describe.
Keep us posted.

Dave

peter slamp
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks Dave, will do. Just trying to come up with a good idea about the spacing. Since the Domis are a bit thin I thought I'd try them spaced ~3" apart. We'll see...