PDA

View Full Version : In mid April???

Andrew Williams
04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I think this has got to be a record of some kind..

Ken Fitzgerald
04-16-2007, 10:27 AM
It'd make hiding Easter eggs easy wouldn't it!

I drove through Binghamton a few years ago taking the rabid baseball fan wife of mine to Cooperstown. Beautiful country! I'll bet that South Parkway(?) from Binghamton west drifts closed in the winter during snow storms!

Jonathon Spafford
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow... that is a little unusual... what a lovely picture though! Thanks for sharing!

Jim King
04-16-2007, 1:39 PM
Gauranteed that somewhere we will soon read that this is somehow caused by global warming.

John Shuk
04-16-2007, 8:38 PM
Beats what we had down here in lower NY.

Jim Young
04-16-2007, 8:46 PM
You New Yorkers sure got a snowy winter this year.

Andrew Williams
04-16-2007, 8:56 PM
It'd make hiding Easter eggs easy wouldn't it!

I drove through Binghamton a few years ago taking the rabid baseball fan wife of mine to Cooperstown. Beautiful country! I'll bet that South Parkway(?) from Binghamton west drifts closed in the winter during snow storms!

The highway there can get pretty nasty, but they do try to keep it open. the trick is not to watch the road ;)

When it is just one big slab of white with no lines..look at the bridge abutments, If you are equidistant from each side, then you are still on the road!

sometimes when driving up by the lake near oneida I will hit lake effect squalls, and the trick there is either to keep the red tail-lights in view (usually means they have to be within a few car lengths). If you lose them, All you can see is white, so turn off your headlights and drive with parking lights only!

If you pull over and stop, the next thing is someone who is following rule #1 will run right into you!

Most of the cars I see in the middle ditch are SUVs! People must think they can drive through anything...