PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vase

Curt Fuller
04-15-2007, 9:34 PM
Made this vase this weekend and have had my wife teasing me about it all day today. She says it's shaped like the Batman. I started out just trying to make the bottom flat. But I got it skeewompus somehow and it was crooked to I cut a little more off and then a little more and then it was too flat. So I decided to try and make a curved bottom with a seperate base. Then I messed around with different bases and spouts for a while and this is what I ended up with... Batman.

It's made from Myrtlewood with dunnowood base and spout dyed blackish. 8" diameter 1.5" thick.

I'm waiting for it to get dark so I can shine a flashlight on it and make a big batman shadow on the wall.

It has a 3/4" by 5" glass tube in it for water too.

At least the flower is pretty.

Shane Whitlock
04-15-2007, 9:39 PM
Curt this one is great! I really like the design. I think ya need to do a demo on these at our next turners meeting :D or at least write up a tut for us.

I will be watching out the window tonight for the bat signal!

Great job,
Shane

Steve Schlumpf
04-15-2007, 9:49 PM
Very nice Curt! Looks like you have a really unique idea for a vase - at least for me - and different is good! I like the form and the finish. Nice work!

Pete Jordan
04-15-2007, 9:54 PM
To the Bat Cave Alfred!

I really like this design Curt!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Curt....I really like that! First you became the goblet master.....now the Batman master?

Bernie Weishapl
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Curt that is another beauty. My wife saw the picture and she loves it. So guess I will pm you to see how it is done. Nice job Curt.

Neal Addy
04-15-2007, 10:39 PM
You're really turning out some amazing stuff there, Curt! This is really cool.

Glenn Hodges
04-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Curt, that is an attention grabber, I sure like it. The finish looks sooooo good.

Jonathon Spafford
04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Another great looking vase! Really like the shape of these! Bet they would be good sellers. The figure in the wood is awesome and the finish is great.... you really nailed it!