PDA

View Full Version : Rough day at the track

Fred Voorhees
04-15-2007, 7:15 PM
The heavy rain in the Northeast has been wreaking havoc with the area dirt tracks where big block modified racing takes place. I have been attending these races for well over forty years. This past Saturday night, up in New York at a track called Fonda Speedway, in.....what else.....Fonda,NY (a track I have attended a few times) they did get their season opening show into the books, but there was so much moisture in the track, that the surface just would not cooperate and it got pretty rough. Example is provided below in picture form. NO....this guy is not actually getting himself in trouble...he eventually won the race.

Ben Grunow
04-15-2007, 9:43 PM
Been there several times to enjoy racing, drinking and dirt in the teeth at the end of the night. Looks like fun.

Robert Mickley
04-17-2007, 7:21 AM
Dirt track racers aren't quite right. :D But oh are they fun to watch

Dennis Peacock
04-17-2007, 7:45 AM
At least you can tell he's happy driving that care.....you can see the bugs in his teeth. :p :p :rolleyes:

Chuck Reeves
04-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm a huge race fan. It always amazes me how they are able to get that much horsepower to the ground and are able to tote the front tire... on dirt.

They don't have the big block modified cars here in my area (metro Atlanta). The premier class is the super late model. I try to attend our local track, Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA as much as possible. Unfortunately we are having a drought. The dirt track gets "dry slick" and traction is hard to find.

I understand that the NASCAR guys have talked the new "rookie" Montoya into racing at Eldora sometime this year. I'd like to see that!