PDA

View Full Version : Shop Projects Finished

Alan Greene
04-15-2007, 3:09 PM
I have been learning to use my tools and to work on the accuracy I need to start making some projects. Here are a couple of shop projects that I have completed and one I am still working on. The table that sits to the left of the table saw gives me some extra out feed support and also storage for the router table and table saw accessories. The rear out feed table was made using material I already had (scraps) and also gives me some needed storage. I will eventually remake these as my skills improve and use the lessons I learned to make them better. The workbench drawers are waiting for faces. Once I sort out a problem with my jointing techniques(another thread) i will make some nice fronts for them. Thanks for looking and any critiques are welcomed.:o

Paul Douglass
04-15-2007, 3:14 PM
Fine job on all. Looks like you need to start on a project. What are you going to build?

Alan Greene
04-15-2007, 3:33 PM
Paul thank you for the kind words. I am going to build a sanding center from Wood magazine with the flip top for my planer. After that I plan to build a display cabinet for the LOML.

Robb Milley
04-16-2007, 3:40 PM
Alan,
I did notice your projects, honestly I did, but I want to know about the floor... Did you put that down, and if so, are you happy with it?
Thanks,
Robb

Oh, and back to your post - - I like your outfeed table, it looks robust enough that it can handle tool boxes, projects, banging around, etc. but then be light enough to move if you have to.

Mark Engel
04-16-2007, 3:51 PM
After that I plan to build a display cabinet for the LOML.
How are you going to convince her to stay inside the cabinet? :D

Alan Greene
04-16-2007, 4:02 PM
Robb,
I had the floor done professionally. If I remember right it was about $900. They came out and cleaned the floor, laid 2 coats of epoxy with the second coat having the colored flakes in it and then topped it with a clear coat. We had an abrasive material added to the clear coat for traction as I am disabled and the floor can be slippery when wet without the abrasive. We both consider the money well spent. It is easy to clean, protects the concrete and takes some abuse. I have slid MDF and plywood sheets across it with no damage. They do recommend redoing the clear coat every so often. The floor coating is now about 4 years old and still looks like new even with me moving all of my machines around. The second half of the garage is still used for my wifes car so with the exception of the saw everything gets wheeled out when I go out to play. I included a picture of the tools in storage mode to give you an idea of how much gets moved.

Alan Greene
04-16-2007, 4:09 PM
Mark,
Still making the plans for the cabinet, so I haven't quite got far enough to figure that out yet:D