PDA

View Full Version : Company that refinishes cabinets painted cabinets

Dave Conlin
04-15-2007, 2:49 PM
Trying to help a friend find whether there are companies out there that refinish kitchen cabinets - where the cabinets have been painted & power washed (in an attempt to strip the paint). The homeowner is attempting to return these cabinets to a clear vs a painted finish. The homeowner does not want to exceed the price of new cabinets. The home is an old vistorian but the cabinets are not originals & have no historic value. Just trying to help this friend determine if their is a company out there in the southern, WI area that may be of assistance. This individual is looking to hire out vs. perform the work themselves. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

David G Baker
04-16-2007, 8:43 PM
I was in the same position last year. I ended up finding a local custom cabinet builder. I have a kitchen filled with new cabinets that are real wood for around $2000 less than I could buy similar non wood cabinets from the Borg.
If the existing cabinets are made from quality wood, stripping and refinishing may be the way to go, if not new cabinets are the way I would go. It may even be cheaper.