PDA

View Full Version : it's over

Mike Evertsen
12-28-2003, 8:00 AM
the holidays are over now I can get back into the shop and finish the entertainment center,,,,what new toys I got for Christmas Grizzly 6" jointer,, HP all-in-one printer,, Hiatachi M12V router,,cast iron frypan,,
I have to start working on my birthday list,,so far I have a 3hp dust collector and 7 hp 60 gal air compressor the list,,,,,,,,

Phil Phelps
12-28-2003, 8:20 AM
Wow!!!! An iron skillet, the American wok! Now you can really cook. All other utensils are just pots and pans. Season it right, Mike, and bake real cornbread :p

Jason Roehl
12-28-2003, 8:24 AM
Mike...Twilight Zone....my wife got an HP 3-in-1 printer and a cast iron griddle....we just have to work on getting the rest of the planets aligned so more of the same type of iron you got ends up in my shop!! :D

Mark Singer
12-28-2003, 8:42 AM
the holidays are over now I can get back into the shop and finish the entertainment center,,,,what new toys I got for Christmas Grizzly 6" jointer,, HP all-in-one printer,, Hiatachi M12V router,,cast iron frypan,,
I have to start working on my birthday list,,so far I have a 3hp dust collector and 7 hp 60 gal air compressor the list,,,,,,,,

You deserve it!
Mark

Tyler Howell
12-28-2003, 9:20 AM
It's not over till the fat lady sings.... Now I have to start exchanging some of those gifts the non WW givers sent. (cash please :D )

TJH :cool:

Bart Leetch
12-28-2003, 9:33 AM
the new toys I got for Christmas Grizzly 6" jointer, HP all-in-one printer, Hitachi M12V router, cast iron fry-pan

Wow iron to cook with & iron to shave wood with. Now if you had a iron wood stove you could put the wood shavings in it & cook with the iron fry-pan. Ironic isn't it?

Yes I know it early in the morning to be goofy!!! But thats what happens when you wake up at 5 AM on Sunday. You also get to go out to the shop for a while before church.

Jim Becker
12-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Yea, that cast iron cookware can be wonderful to use. Searing a nice fillet roast and finishing in the oven or doing some great steaks caramelized on the outside and a nice pink in the middle makes for a tasty meal. We also have a cast iron dutch oven and I like to make stew in it...searing the meat and onions first and then loading it up and letting it simmer. You just can't get the same results even with the best stainless steel cookware! (The cast iron works nicely on the outdoor grill too...)

Congrats on the new tools and I look forward to seing the projects they produce!

Dennis Peacock
12-28-2003, 11:50 AM
my wife got a cast iron griddle....we just have to work on getting the rest of the planets aligned so more of the same type of iron you got ends up in my shop!! :D

Hey Jason....maybe She won't be using that skillet on you..!!!!! and just maybe you can use that skillet as an example to show her that you need a little more "cast iron" in the shop to enable YOU to give her more "wood" stuff......right? :)

James Carpenter
12-28-2003, 1:10 PM
My wife picked me up a skillet for my woodstove so when i am shading wood for scrollsaw projects. She didn't like me using her stove top skillet to heat up sand, so instead of complaining she bought me the skillet for my shop. Talk about a great woman.

Tyler Howell
12-28-2003, 1:19 PM
It's over. The horizontally gifted woman presented a very satisfying tune for me to return gifts.

Looking forward to the New Year
TJH