PDA

View Full Version : Double Router Table?

Paul Greathouse
04-15-2007, 7:15 AM
I took advantage of the big blue boxes 15% off tool sell and purchased two Freud 1700 routers. I already have a PC7518 in a benchdog lift that I can use for my panel raising bits. What I plan on doing with the Freuds is to use them for my stile and rail bits. They will also be used for other matched sets like tongue and groove. I always wanted the ability to work with matched set bits without having to change bits out in the same router.

Does anyone have any pictures of or know where I can find plans for a double router table? I have a few ideas of my own but I would like to see what else is out there before I start building.

Also, has anyone seen any decent router table plates for less than $30? Thats the price that Hartville has them for now. I won't need a lift for the Freud routers, they have their own above table adjustment.

Michael McCoy
04-15-2007, 7:19 AM
This doesn't answer your question but I toyed with that idea for a short while but in the end found it much simpler to get the same results with multiple router plates.

Paul Greathouse
04-15-2007, 7:41 AM
Michael

I was going to put them each on their own plate. What I was after was to put them on the same table.

Al Navas
04-15-2007, 8:25 AM
You may want to contact Jack, of Rebelwork Woodworking. He made this table to house three routers, like some commercial machines (shapers):

http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/User_files/442380d809d478b8.jpg

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-15-2007, 9:41 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of or know where I can find plans for a double router table? I have a few ideas of my own but I would like to see what else is out there before I start building.

I saw another guy build one of these.
It was pretty cool. He even did DC.

Also, has anyone seen any decent router table plates for less than $30? Thats the price that Hartville has them for now. I won't need a lift for the Freud routers, they have their own above table adjustment.

The roussou plate is pretty good. You can make your own from a sheet of 1/8" aluminum or steel. You can work the Aluminum with your router, a jig saw, and drills.

I have considered using Concrete for a router table top with an integral router plate and threaded inserts for clamping and T tracks. Concrete can be made dead level and smooth as a baby's butt. It can be epoxied and will accept laminations.

Paul Greathouse
04-15-2007, 3:29 PM
You may want to contact Jack, of Rebelwork Woodworking. He made this table to house three routers, like some commercial machines (shapers):

http://www.woodworking.com/dcforum/User_files/442380d809d478b8.jpg

Thanks for the picture Al, That is a great design. The zero clearance fence and the dust collection were both features that I wanted to include in my table.