PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Lesson

Tom Collins
04-14-2007, 9:08 PM
I am new to turning. So far I have just been turning between centers trying to learn the techniques. Mostly I have been turning decorative firewood. Learned a real good lesson tonight. Kind of a note-to-self type thing. You don't want to sneeze with your face shield on.

Later,
Tom C.

Jonathon Spafford
04-14-2007, 9:13 PM
:D:D:D

Uh... you need a respirator to filter out that dust ;) Not much good for you ya know!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2007, 9:55 PM
Tom....the 2nd lesson is that no matter how hard you blow....You can't blow the shavings off your tool rest with your shield down......I learn this about once a day with my Trend......:o

Bernie Weishapl
04-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Tom before I quit a year ago using smokeless tobacco while wearing a face shield well need I say more. :mad:

Jonathon Spafford
04-15-2007, 2:11 AM
Tom....the 2nd lesson is that no matter how hard you blow....You can't blow the shavings off your tool rest with your shield down......I learn this about once a day with my Trend......:o

Awesome one... I do that all the time... never talk about it because I thought I was the only one that did it ;)

Jonathon Spafford
04-15-2007, 2:12 AM
Tom before I quit a year ago using smokeless tobacco while wearing a face shield well need I say more. :mad:

:D:D:D I am trying to picture this ;)

Rich Stewart
04-15-2007, 2:58 AM
I'm trying NOT to picture this.