PDA

View Full Version : Plinko gumball machine

Chad Pater
12-27-2003, 8:29 PM
Got both done in time for Christmas. I gave both set of parents choice, and of course they both pick the same one. That's ok because I was planning on making a few extra for our church's donation sale come up.

Chad

Carl Eyman
12-27-2003, 8:51 PM
I've remained mute on this subject FAR TOO LONG!! I am a retired candy maker who devoted his energies for so many years to making "panned goods" (that is what the type of confection gum balls, Jordan Almonds. jelly beans, etc. are) as shiny, smooth, tasty, and attractive as possible. Now along come a group of good people that pursue my second love, woodworking. And what do these stallwarts do? They try to mar the perfect finish of panned goods by plinking them from HARDwood dowel to HARDwood dowel. Can't you , at least use rubber covered dowels, or basswood dowels? Oh tragedy of it all! What is the world coming to?

(Nice piece of woodworking, though)

Terry Quiram
12-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Chad

That is a very cool gumball machine. Would you give the dimensions?

Mark Hulette
12-30-2003, 4:56 PM
Hey Chad!

Thanks for posting the Plinko version! Looks great! Makes me want to make one even more!

Chad Pater
01-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Chad

That is a very cool gumball machine. Would you give the dimensions?

Sorry I just got around to looking at my old post. It is 14 in high. The top and base are 7 1/2 by 4. The body of it 2 inched deep.

Chad