PDA

View Full Version : Finished 2 projects, coffee table and TV stand

Kyle Stiefel
04-14-2007, 9:00 PM
Hello,

I just finished the coffee table about 2 weeks ago and the TV stand this morning. It was a late night but I had to finish so I could pick up the new television this morning.

Coffee table- Jatoba, Ash. Deft Danish buffed with tripoli and white diamond

TV stand- Lyptus, Walnut (side of drawers, ran out of Lyptus and only barge wood up a couple times a year). Jig dovetail. Garnet shellac, Deft Danish, buffed.

Please critique (I already have, but it is acceptable for now).

Have a great weekend.

Kyle

Kyle Stiefel
04-14-2007, 9:01 PM
Coffe table pics

Paul Douglass
04-14-2007, 9:13 PM
Kyle, Nice job! What kind of dovetail jig do you use? Did you have plans to work from for the TV stand?

Jim Becker
04-14-2007, 9:23 PM
Beautiful projects, Kyle! Your Lyptus has a bit of action in it, too!

Kyle Stiefel
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Kyle, Nice job! What kind of dovetail jig do you use? Did you have plans to work from for the TV stand?

Paul,

I have the Festool jig. As for plans, I just made them up as I went along kind of based on how much wood I had. I just needed it to hold the specified electronics and then the drawers for the DVD's which are kind of an eye sore. However, electronics can be an eye sore as well but it will work for me.

Jim,
Yah, it did have a bit of play in it. There is one piece I wish had the curve shifted the other way, isn't retrospect a wonderful thing.

Thanks,
Kyle

Don Bullock
04-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Kyle, that's some beautiful furniture you made there. I love the wood grain in the TV cabinet.

Jack Ganssle
04-15-2007, 8:45 AM
Kyle,

Stunning work. How was it working the Jatoba? I built a rail for our dingy from it laminated with Ash and found the stuff to be as hard as nails. In fact, I couldn't rip the stuff and had to bring the 8/4 piece to a shop with a 7 hp saw to do so.

Jack

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-15-2007, 9:45 AM
Nice table ~!!
I really like the pinned leg mounts.

Jason Tuinstra
04-15-2007, 9:59 AM
Kyle, very nice design and execution. The wood has a lot of nice figure to it. Great choice!

Doug Shepard
04-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Nice work. I only have one criticism. MY TV isn't sitting on that stand. I'll PM you my shipping address so you can correct that little problem.:D

Bruce Page
04-15-2007, 8:28 PM
Mikey likes it!

So do I! Beautiful work!

Roy Wall
04-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Kyle,

Those are beautiful....awesome work!!! Seriously NICE!

Zahid Naqvi
04-15-2007, 11:13 PM
nice job Kyle, the design looks very original and the execution is first rate.

jonathan snyder
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Very Nice Kyle. I like the chunky legs on the coffee table. One normally expects legs to taper the other way. They work very well on that table. Nice to see another Alaskan on the Creek!

Jonathan

Kyle Stiefel
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Kyle,

How was it working the Jatoba? I built a rail for our dingy from it laminated with Ash and found the stuff to be as hard as nails. In fact, I couldn't rip the stuff and had to bring the 8/4 piece to a shop with a 7 hp saw to do so.

Jack

Jack,

I was only working with 5/4 knowing this was I was going to use the wood for. I had put down Jatoba hardwood floors in the 1st floor of my house and thought it would work with the house. The hardest stuff for me to get through so far has been 10/4 purpleheart. I run a 3hp Grizzly cabinet with a Woodworker II blade. This is the set I have always run and almost all my lumber I bring up rough at 8/4 or 12/4, this project I already new what I needed it for.

Thanks for all the other comments guys.

Kyle

Rich Torino
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Real nice work Kyle. That jatoba coffee table is a eye catcher...

Ralph Okonieski
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Beautiful job. Well done!