PDA

View Full Version : Ipods and Razor

Mike Klafehn
04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I had the opportunity to engrave an Ipod Mini (stainless steel back), Ipod Nano (anodized aluminum back) and a Razor (anodized aluminum back).

All came out well, so I wanted to share the settings I used. I have an Epilog Helix 45w, but you can modify based on your machines power.

Ipod Mini: Speed: 75, Power: 100, Resolution: 600dpi
Must use CerMark on back for a nice black engraved image.

Ipod Nano: Speed: 100, Power: 70, Resolution: 600dpi
Engraved very nicely on uncoated surface. Actually had the look of the Apple logo which is engraved on the back as well

RAZOR: Speed: 100, Power: 60, Resolution: 600dpi
Very nice white engraved image on uncoated surface.

Hope this helps.

Frank Corker
04-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Nice one Mike, I'll keep that set in mind - it's been a while since I did one

Dave Levy
04-14-2007, 1:04 PM
Does anyone have any templates for all the apple ipods? Also, any laptop templates?
Thanks,
Dave

Eric Allen
04-14-2007, 2:11 PM
I had the opportunity to engrave an Ipod Mini (stainless steel back), Ipod Nano (anodized aluminum back) and a Razor (anodized aluminum back).

All came out well, so I wanted to share the settings I used. I have an Epilog Helix 45w, but you can modify based on your machines power.

Ipod Mini: Speed: 75, Power: 100, Resolution: 600dpi
Must use CerMark on back for a nice black engraved image.

Ipod Nano: Speed: 100, Power: 70, Resolution: 600dpi
Engraved very nicely on uncoated surface. Actually had the look of the Apple logo which is engraved on the back as well

RAZOR: Speed: 100, Power: 60, Resolution: 600dpi
Very nice white engraved image on uncoated surface.

Hope this helps.

I love starting off my day with having mysteries answered! Thank you, many times over:)

Carol VanArnam
04-14-2007, 6:13 PM
here are the 2 jigs I use. I cut the jigs out of 1/4 baltic birch and engraved my settings on the template (I use a 60w epilog) then use the .cdr file as my template as I type my text for the rastering.

I cut one extra piece of baltic birch (5x5 or 4.75x4.75 the overal size of the jig) and attached it to the cut out jig that way when you place the ipod, face down in the jig to raster on the back, you don't have to worry about it getting scratched. :cool: :cool:

Dave Levy
04-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Thank you!