PDA

View Full Version : Shop vac hose for power tools

Derrell W Sloan
04-14-2007, 9:42 AM
I need to get a good hose to use with my shop vac (rigid brand) to hook up to my router, circular saw, etc. I was eyeballing the 10ft one porter-cable sales (model # 39332). Any one use this one or have any other suggestions? The one that came with my shop vac is too short and not very flexable.

Jim Becker
04-14-2007, 9:45 AM
Dare I say, it...the Festool hoses are top notch, flexible and have a soft rubber end for tool engagement. (Some form of adapter may be required for certain tools as there is no "standard" side for extraction ports)

John Callahan
04-14-2007, 12:17 PM
I use the PC 39332 hose hooked up to my 20gal Shop Vac brand vac along with PC's 39335 (hose to shop vac) adapter. It's worked really well for me. All my sanders and my sidewinder saw are PC so the tool hookup is the same and straightforward- no messing around with adapters to fit the tool. I find that it's flexible enough but you may not. I think the Festool hose is more flexible and of higher quality and so is the price. imho if you're all PC go with the 39332; if not go with the Festool.

Steve Dunbar
04-14-2007, 12:52 PM
I use a long swimming pool vacuum hose. A little creative use of duct tape and bits of PVC pipe may be required to connect it to tools, however.

Mark Engel
04-14-2007, 1:11 PM
I just got one of the ShopVac brand wall mounted units. It came with a nice long 2-1/2" dia. hose. I think it is around 10 ft. I use it with the ROS, circular saw, etc. It isn't really that flexible. It tends to want to stay coiled up which doesn't really present a problem since it is plenty long.

I have a couple of reducers to connect to the smaller diameter dust ports. I've had them for so long, can't remember where they came from.