PDA

View Full Version : Dining table completed

Adam Grills
04-13-2007, 7:50 PM
Hello,
Here is a dining table that I just completed. Not the best pictures in the world from the digital camera but...

The top is birdseye maple, the legs and apron are cherry. Can't wait till the cherry is year older. Always looks so much better. I like the dark streaks in the top- look like clouds or something. Maybe thats the finish talking

Dimensions are 90"L, 41 1/2" W, 31"H. Legs were turned by Ed- Thanks Ed. 5" square. Top is 1 3/8"thick.

Finish is tung oil and hand wiped poly.

Thanks for looking.
Adam

glenn bradley
04-13-2007, 8:01 PM
I love it. The aging of the cherry will enhance the difference in colors beautifully. No table cloth for that baby when you're not eating. I wouldn't want to cover it up; that's for sure.

Mike Henderson
04-13-2007, 8:03 PM
I really like the top, also. Very distinctive.

This is personal preference, but I think the legs are too beefy at the bottom. I'd have turned them with more of a taper towards the bottom to lighten them somewhat. They give the table somewhat of a squat look (in my opinion).

Mike

David Weaver
04-13-2007, 8:14 PM
Gorgeous table - substantial looking, too. My wife would love the legs - everywhere we go (we're shopping for tables lately), she always asks if she can get the shaker style with straight legs - nothing is too substantial for her.

Doug Shepard
04-13-2007, 8:47 PM
Very nice. You might want to turn the table 180° every month or so. Otherwise the end nearer the window might end up darkening more than the other end.

Roy McQuay
04-13-2007, 8:57 PM
Beautiful table. I am going to make a dining table out of curly maple with a walnut border this summer. I already made the buffet and it looks great. Your table will look better every year.