PDA

View Full Version : 1st Neader Gloat!

Don Orr
04-13-2007, 7:50 PM
As you can tell from my signature line I mostly hang out in spinny-land, but I had to share my joy with the cordless folks over here. I just acquired my very first Lie-Nielsen plane:D . As I'm sure you can tell it's a 60 1/2 Rabbet Block plane and wow is it sweet! I've included the requisite curlies produced just as the plane came from the box. I did not do any extra honing. Yet. It glided through that Red Oak like butter!
There is something of a stealth gloat in the first Pic where you can see a Stanley 7C I just got and a Stanley 605, both of which need some cleaning and tuning but are in real good shape.

More planes = Goooooooodd!:D

Ken Werner
04-13-2007, 8:54 PM
Oh poor Don...now you're going down that long slope I've been slipping down.....
seeya at the bottom, with all the other planaholics.
And congrats on some great scores.
Ken

Tim Malyszko
04-14-2007, 8:08 AM
Don,

Is that the one that's on sale at Woodcraft this month?

Thanks.

Don Orr
04-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Tim,

I believe that is the one on sale at WC this month. I neglected to say how I got mine though. The woodworking club I belong to put together a large group order for a substantial discount. I also bought an auger-bit file to touch up some bits.

Ken- you have no idea how far down that slope I already am:eek: :D . I have planes everywhere. In the shop, in the house, in the garage, in the attic, etc. There are at least 6 other planes on the bench where the pics were taken!

Have a great weekend guys,

Doug Littlejohn
04-19-2007, 5:13 PM
that you might want to have done is to have them add on nickers on each side. This will allow you to more accurately add depth to a rabbet or wide dado.

When I did mine, it was $30 that included the shipping. Just give them a call and ask about it. Then ship it to them and in about a 10 days, you'll have a tool that's even more capable than it was.

Doug

Don Orr
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Interesting idea Doug, I did not know they would do that-Thanks!