PDA

View Full Version : GCC Explorer II Acts Eratic

Dana Florian
04-13-2007, 2:42 PM
Wondering if other users experience this problem... Sometimes the machine runs in a loop. (It never sees the end of the file). Sometimes the file runs fine.(same file) Problem 2 : Say I am rastering/vectoring Job A, While the machine is running I load job B into the memory. The next time I press start assuming job A should be priority job B runs. Hence a bad part. My machine is only 4 months old and sign wharehouse is aware of my problems and they have a call in to gcc because they never heard of this happening. All in all a great machine ,just wanted to see if others had these problems? Thanks, Dana

Vicky Orsini
04-13-2007, 3:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems, Dana. I know GCC support out of California is great. You should be hearing from someone soon. You might want to check your computer, too. I find that my computer sometimes sends bad files, and I have to reboot the computer, delete all files from the laser's memory, and resend the file, and then everything is fine. So, in my case, it's not the laser, it's my computer that's at fault.

The problem with job B running instead of job A - what you need to look for before running the job is the "time". Before hitting "Start", check to make sure that the time displayed is "--.--" and not an actual time. If it's showing an actual time, then it's still on the previous job (you can just hit "Next" to find the new job). If it's showing "--.--", then it's the new job that has never been run.

Hope this helps a little. Keep us posted on the prognosis! :)

Rodne Gold
04-13-2007, 3:11 PM
Try reseat the ram on the motherboard. Sounds like a RAM problem. If you have some similar ram on hand , you can try swap it.
the motherboard of the laser that is , not the puter.

Dana Florian
04-13-2007, 3:21 PM
Vicky- Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I agree sometimes a file can become corrupted. However what baffles me is that the file in the laser will run corrrectly (stop EOF beep) and other times it will not stop at all.

On the other issue. Should I assume that once you select which file should be active that another file will never interfere. This makes no sense to me because you could have multiple P.C s on a wireless network, and watch out before you hit start because sombodys job might be coming into the laser.

Dennis Solomon
04-13-2007, 3:26 PM
make sure that you are not telling to print immediately on the printer driver if it is checked the job will start as soon as you send it!

Dana Florian
04-13-2007, 3:40 PM
Dennis- No that is not the case and no there are not multiple copies specified. It is set at 1 copy.