PDA

View Full Version : SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

Keith Outten
12-26-2003, 10:24 PM
This is a Special SawMill Creek Members discount from MicroJig. Orders will only be available (Visa or Mastercard) via our sponsors web site at Hampton Roads Online, follow the link below. This special price will be available until January 30th, 2004.

Thanks to Henry Wang for offering our members this great discount. Visit the MicroJig (http://www.microjig.com) web site for more technical information, use the link below to order and receive the Special Discount.

Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System
$69.95 Regular Price
$54.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

The GR200 is composed of different adjustable/detachable components and can be used on the table saw, router table, shaper, jointer and band saw. The tool utilizes multiple grooved non-slip pads to provide strong gripping and holding power for feeding a work piece through the cutting elements.

Unlike a conventional push block or push stick that pushes only one side of work piece, the GRR-Ripper® controls both sides of the work piece during feeding. It is a Protective Hand Pusher System.

The GRR-Ripper GR200 DVD
$9.95 Regular Price
$7.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

Video includes over two hours of information and demonstrations. The MicroJig Grr-Ripper is a multi-functional tool, the DVD explains all of the configurations and capabilities of the system.

NOTE: Shipping charges are for US Orders. International orders please
contact us for shipping charges.

ATTENTION: THIS PRICE IS FOR SAWMILL CREEK MEMBERS ONLY AND NOT FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!

Jim Guy
12-27-2003, 7:36 AM
Keith,

Thanks for getting the special offer setup for us. I just placed my order for both items. I like the idea of continuing to work with 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. I think this will help me to do that.

Thanks Again,
Jim Guy

Glenn Clabo
12-27-2003, 7:58 AM
Thanks Keith! And thanks Henry Wang! Great price...

Mike Leonard
12-27-2003, 8:17 AM
Keith,

I just ordered 2 GRR-Ripper's and the DVD. Thanks for getting us a good deal. My digits will be most pleased.

Frank Guerin
12-27-2003, 9:47 AM
Darn. I already ordered one for myself for a Christmas present from my wife ( do not let wife pick your Christmas present ) but the CD will be helpful.

Mark Singer
12-27-2003, 2:56 PM
This is a Special SawMill Creek Members discount from MicroJig. Orders will only be available (Visa or Mastercard) via our sponsors web site at Hampton Roads Online, follow the link below. This special price will be available until January 30th, 2004.

Thanks to Henry Wang for offering our members this great discount. Visit the MicroJig (http://www.microjig.com) web site for more technical information, use the link below to order and receive the Special Discount.

Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System
$69.95 Regular Price
$54.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

The GR200 is composed of different adjustable/detachable components and can be used on the table saw, router table, shaper, jointer and band saw. The tool utilizes multiple grooved non-slip pads to provide strong gripping and holding power for feeding a work piece through the cutting elements.

I appreciate the discount! I ordered
Mark

Unlike a conventional push block or push stick that pushes only one side of work piece, the GRR-Ripper® controls both sides of the work piece during feeding. It is a Protective Hand Pusher System.

The GRR-Ripper GR200 DVD
$9.95 Regular Price
$7.95 for SawMill Creek Members!

Video includes over two hours of information and demonstrations. The MicroJig Grr-Ripper is a multi-functional tool, the DVD explains all of the configurations and capabilities of the system.

NOTE: Shipping charges are for US Orders. International orders please contact us for shipping charges.

Click Here (http://hrosecure.com/store/specials.html) to purchase one or both of these Special Sale Items.

Thanks,
I apprecaiate the discount! I will put this to good use.
Mark

Keith Outten
12-27-2003, 3:48 PM
I ordered another one for my shop. This is really a nice deal and they will get better in the future if our members will suport the program.

I could put several of these type of bulk buys together every month, but to get the really big discounts we need to buy hundreds of items. A really large order brings with it deep discounts. Those of you who ordered just one GRR-Ripper will order a second as soon as you receive yours in the mail and watch the DVD. That's why I kept this offer active untill January 30th, there is plenty of time for you to make a second order.

Thanks to all of you who have purchased the GRR-Ripper 200 and the DVD's, your support is really appreciated.

Let's go people, support the bulk buy program if you want it to grow!

Lloyd Brown
12-27-2003, 5:45 PM
There goes the last of my Chrismas money. :(

Ken Garlock
12-27-2003, 7:29 PM
Thanks for setting up the Grr-Ripper deal. I ordered one of each.

Jim Harsha
12-27-2003, 9:45 PM
Thanks Keith and Henry! I doubt I'd be able to beat this price at a WW show. Thanks again.

Dave Hammelef
12-27-2003, 10:04 PM
Keith, Since I dont have the DVD and would want to only place 1 order, could you give a brief explination as to why you recomend 2.

Also it appears you remove your splitter, or need a very short one. I have a beis. pop in splitter that looks like it would hit the gripper. Is this correct?

Keith Outten
12-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Dave,

Lets say you are ripping a long board cutting thin strips. You start with both grippers on the board one in front of the other. As you push the board thru the blade you can walk the board by moving the front gripper to the back as you progress thru the rip. This procedure lets you always have one gripper on top of and pushing the stock. Also remember that in most cases the gripper holds both sides of the lumber so the waste side is controlled as well. I think this is what makes the gripper such a great system. The video shows how many cuts can be made much safer and some I wouldn't even attempt the old fashioned way. Cutting thin strips is a breeze. Resawing is another process that is safer and much easier as well.

I'm not sure about the splitter, I'll have to review the video again and get back to you...I don't use a splitter or kickback pawls so I didn't pay a lot of attention to that portion of the video. I did notice that since the gripper holds both sides of the stock there is less chance of the lumber closing behind the blade.

I can ask Henry if it would be OK to post a couple of pictures from the video, I know it would be very helpfull. I've watched it several times and each time I learned something new.

I just checked the MicroJig web site and they suggest removing a splitter if it is installed. They have lots of pictures on their site of the gripper being used for routing as well as on band saws and joiners.

Mike Kelly
12-27-2003, 11:28 PM
I have bought two of these during the past year and love them. Yes Keith, you have to remove the splitter, but it is even safer than doing a dado cut. I love it for 1/8" and 1/4" rips on small boards (cutting splines or small laminations). They are really great on the router table too. Much smoother cuts with no divots at the end of a pass.

Dennis Peacock
12-28-2003, 12:17 PM
OK Keith....I ordered 2 of the GRR-Rippers based on your recommendations and a DVD....We'll see how they work out......

Tony Sade
12-28-2003, 4:02 PM
I already have two of the grippers, so I was thinking of ordering the DVD. If you order for the reduced price via Keith's link, $4.00 is added to the 7.95 price. If you just go to Microjig's site via the regular route, the cost is $9.95 with no shipping. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Tony

Keith Outten
12-28-2003, 5:53 PM
Tony,

We have to pay shipping twice, once from MicroJig to us and then to our member. Since the DVD's are a low priced item there wasn't enough discount to cover shipping charges, handling and credit card transaction fees. Part of our deal with MicroJig is that we will ship to each individual because the fees become a big portion of the transaction.

If MicroJig drop shipped DVD's directly to our members they would probably lose money, but they are a source of advertisement for their products. The DVD's are also shipped from a different location than the Jigs.

I already have two of the grippers, so I was thinking of ordering the DVD. If you order for the reduced price via Keith's link, $4.00 is added to the 7.95 price. If you just go to Microjig's site via the regular route, the cost is $9.95 with no shipping. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Tony

Dave Avery
12-29-2003, 9:31 AM
Anyone use the GRR-Ripper with an overarm blade guard? Seems like the design might make use of an overarm guard difficult and/or cumbersome. Dave.

Mike Kelly
12-29-2003, 9:50 AM
Anyone use the GRR-Ripper with an overarm blade guard? Seems like the design might make use of an overarm guard difficult and/or cumbersome. Dave.

Some things just aren't possible Dave. I use an Excalibur which moves out of the way easily. The Excalibur gets in the way of my Jointech and Dubby sliding tables also, but I just raise them up to clear the obstruction. Sawdust does escape. With a zero clearance insert most of it still goes into the DC.

Ed Falis
12-29-2003, 11:27 AM

Dave,

I generally flip the Brett-Guard out of the way when a cut demands the ripper, and the two are incompatible. Doesn't happen a lot.

- Ed

Jim Harsha
12-29-2003, 8:35 PM
Keith, what kind of delivery time frame are we looking at?

Keith Outten
12-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Jim,

The first batch of twelve will be ordered tomorrow morning and we should be shipping them by Monday. January 5th. Delivery of additional orders depends on how long it takes for us to receive orders for twelve units.

Mike Leonard
12-30-2003, 5:19 AM
Only 12 sold so far? That's only .007% of the membership. I find it hard to believe that there are not more people that like to save money and on a useful item that makes life in the shop a little safer.

I sure hope you sell more of these Keith. We need to prove that SMC has buying power. I like the idea of this bulk buy program. We have the potential to really make this thing work. Whats next, clamps, saw blades? The possibilities are exciting. I for one would like to see this program get off the ground.

Ron McNeil
12-30-2003, 7:23 AM
I just purchased one of each. Thanks Keith for the discount you got the SMC members.

Randy Gleckler
12-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Keith,

Due to the holiday's money's kinda tight. I'd love to order one but I need to wait a couple weeks. Is this a limited time offer or how long will this be available to us?? Thanks for arranging this by the way.

Randy

Keith Outten
12-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Randy,

Per my original post;

Keith,

Due to the holiday's money's kinda tight. I'd love to order one but I need to wait a couple weeks. Is this a limited time offer or how long will this be available to us?? Thanks for arranging this by the way.

Randy

Randy Gleckler
12-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Ohh... So If I read the whole thing I'll find the answer... :D Okay. Thanks.

Randy

Keith Outten
01-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Here is a list of the first order which is shipping;

Glen Clabo - 1 gripper 1 video
James Guy - 1 gripper 1 video
Robert Crowe - 1 gripper
Mike Leonard - 2 grippers 1 video
John Wadsworth - 1 gripper 1 video
Michael Kuhn - 1 gripper
Ken Garlock - 1 gripper 1 video
Mark Singer - 1 gripper 1 video
Lloyd Brown - 1 gripper 1 video
James Harsha - 1 gripper 1 video
Joseph Spear - 1 gripper 1 video
Dennis Peacock - 2 grippers 1 video
Butch Fuder - 2 grippers
Mike Johnson - 2 grippers 1 video
Jerry Solomon - 1 gripper 1 video
Ron McNeil - 1 gripper 1 video
John Spillane - 1 gripper 1 video
Richard Bazemore - 1 gripper 1 video
Robert Ripplinger - 2 grippers 1 video

Total 24 grippers 16 videos

The List for the second order;

John Lauber - 1 gripper 1 video
Keith Outten - 1 gripper

Steve Roxberg
01-02-2004, 2:53 PM
I'm not taking the splitter off of my saw, will it work with a splitter?

Dave Hammelef
01-02-2004, 2:56 PM

As long as the splitter is not taller than the blade height, which needs to be not much higher than the thickness of the wood.

Bart Leetch
01-02-2004, 4:56 PM
Gee: This looks like a good deal but I don't have a DVD player is there another way to view all the how-tos of the GRR-Ripper System? If I purchase one I want to know all about how to use it.

Ed Falis
01-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Gee: This looks like a good deal but I don't have a DVD player is there another way to view all the how-tos of the GRR-Ripper System? If I purchase one I want to know all about how to use it.

Bart,

Haven't been over to their website in a while. but they had a lot of good info, demos and such there that you can look at over the net. Maybe not quite as much as is on the DVD, but a good bit. www.microjig.com

- Ed

Mike Kelly
01-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Steve, Micro Jig has an answer for this too. It is a very simple, "adjustable"!, answer to your and our problem. I just saw it on their website ( http://www.microjig.com/MJ%20Splitter.htm ). I have asked them when it will be available. "It is a new product and will be available soon."

Jackie Outten
01-07-2004, 6:36 PM
The Grippers are in and I will start shipping them tomorrow.

Jackie

Chris Padilla
01-07-2004, 6:52 PM
Steve, Micro Jig has an answer for this too. It is a very simple, "adjustable"!, answer to your and our problem. I just saw it on their website ( http://www.microjig.com/MJ%20Splitter.htm ). I have asked them when it will be available. "It is a new product and will be available soon."Mike,

That is pretty cool. It does have some limitations (no blade tilt allowed, only 1/8" kerf...thus far) but I like the concept a lot. Would it be appropriate to say the 20 CAD drawings that you click through are, ahem, cute? :p

Tyler Howell
01-07-2004, 7:54 PM
This is guarenteed to generate post worthy projects??

TJH

Ted Shrader
01-10-2004, 9:47 PM
Mine came in the mail today. Thanks for the quick turn around. Looks like a well thought out and engineered product. Putting them together for a test run. Hopefully, with no kick back as part of the safety test!

Ted

Ron McNeil
01-11-2004, 9:47 AM
Received my Micro Jig GRR-Ripper Friday. Watched the DVD and put together Saturday. Very Nice I like it. Thanks again SMC.

Dave Hammelef
01-11-2004, 6:07 PM
Hi again Keith,
Still thinking about the gripper, did i miss read something on the order page, It looked like shipping for 1 was $5, and for 2 it was $13.50 ?
Is that right or Im confused as ussual?

Chris Padilla
01-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Hi again Keith,
Still thinking about the gripper, did i miss read something on the order page, It looked like shipping for 1 was $5, and for 2 it was $13.50 ?

Dave,

It appears to have been adjusted to 1 for $6 and 2 for $11.50.

However, if you want the DVD and 1 Gripper, it is $9 but still $11.50 if you buy 2 Grippers and the DVD.

But, you are correct...it was that way for shipping.

Dave Richards
01-14-2004, 1:12 PM
Boy, I sure hope mine comes soon. On Monday, I sent an e-mail to the MicroJig people asking about it. I didn't realize the deal was being handled by Keith. I got a nice reply from Mr. Wang with the comment that he'd forwarded my query to Keith but I've yet to hear from him.

Eric Naessens
01-14-2004, 4:04 PM
Placed my order yesterday for a pair of the GRR-Ripper's and one of the DVD's. I'm looking forward to being able to put them to use, as several of my projects for this year involve ripping some pretty thin strips. Thanks to Keith, Jackie, and everyone else for making these available at such a good price.

Ed Falis
01-14-2004, 5:32 PM
Placed my order yesterday for a pair of the GRR-Ripper's and one of the DVD's. I'm looking forward to being able to put them to use, as several of my projects for this year involve ripping some pretty thin strips. Thanks to Keith, Jackie, and everyone else for making these available at such a good price.

Eric, these things are great. They just fill a niche around the other safety equipment for the tablesaw and router table (and I hear jointer) very well.

- Ed

Maurice Ungaro
01-15-2004, 11:19 AM
I found out about this site from a post on Wood Central, regarding the Grrriper bulk buy, and came on over to find out what was shaking. I signed up as a forum user in order to get the great deal, and I’ve got to tell you that I’m glad this site is around, as I’ll visit it daily to get tips and ideas.

Thanks again,
Maurice

Glenn Clabo
01-15-2004, 6:48 PM
Welcome Maurice! Ya...there are a few nice people here...but ya got to watch some of em. There is a turning cult starting that may get you sliding down a slippery path.

Tyler Howell
01-15-2004, 7:13 PM
:eek: Alright where are they, I want them, I need them, give em up now,......Do I seam a little intense??? :rolleyes: To much sugar in my diet. :(
I wait everyday for the many delivery services to arrive and none of them have a soggy package for me from the Creek.

Just curios what is delivery time??? :confused: Been about a week since I posted and haven't seen any activity on my Visa card (first sign of shipping). Thanks for the great offer and thanks for listening. :p

TJH

Jackie Outten
01-15-2004, 8:05 PM
:eek: Alright where are they, I want them, I need them, give em up now,......Do I seam a little intense??? :rolleyes: To much sugar in my diet. :(
I wait everyday for the many delivery services to arrive and none of them have a soggy package for me from the Creek.

Just curios what is delivery time??? :confused: Been about a week since I posted and haven't seen any activity on my Visa card (first sign of shipping). Thanks for the great offer and thanks for listening. :p

TJH

Tyler,

I emailed you.

Jackie

Maurice Ungaro
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Welcome Maurice! Ya...there are a few nice people here...but ya got to watch some of em. There is a turning cult starting that may get you sliding down a slippery path.

Glenn,
You know....I've run into quit a few of you turners who are trying to get me to divert my funds towards a lathe, gouges, etc. You all won't be happy until everone has a lathe in theiir shop, huh?

;)

Maurice

Pete Ortan
01-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Keith, I 've place an order for Micro jig about a week ago .Just wondering if and when would the shipping date be? Thank You for this offer . :D :cool:
Pete O.

BTW I received an email from jackie asking me to verify my membership ID and emai her back. :D

Jackie Outten
01-15-2004, 11:15 PM
All orders placed from January 4th through today will be ordered tomorrow. We should receive them by Thursday and I will start shipping on Friday. I will keep you posted.

Jackie

Glenn Clabo
01-16-2004, 5:00 AM
Actually Maurice...they haven't converted me...and I'm not going to let them. It's pretty difficult to ignore the temptation though.

John Wadsworth
01-16-2004, 9:46 AM
...and ordered a second.

A well-made tool; anything that increases shop safety is worth learning to use.

Ron McNeil
01-16-2004, 11:12 AM
ordering my second Micro Jig GRR- Ripper. I'm really impressed with this Jig. Should have took your advice and ordered two the first time. Thanks SMC.

Chris Padilla
01-16-2004, 11:39 AM
All orders placed from January 4th through today will be ordered tomorrow. We should receive them by Thursday and I will start shipping on Friday. I will keep you posted.

Jackie

Cool! That include moi. I ordered 2 + DVD. :D

Scott E. Cokley
01-17-2004, 11:56 PM
Thanks Keith and Jackie!

I'm new to this forum and can not believe the quality of the people here. From the "Posters" to Keith and Jackie to the folks that run the show. I have gotten nothing but great advice and a great "deal" on a GRR-Ripper". I ordered one the other day. I'm really looking forward to putting it to use.

Thanks again!

Scott

John Miliunas
01-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Scott! Yeah, this be a fun place to hang out. But fair warning: Just like the turning, SMC is an addiction unto itself! Lots of neat people, lots of info to learn from and a place I like to think of as my "Internet home"! Come back often, stay long and enjoy! :cool:

Mark Singer
01-18-2004, 9:11 PM
Got the gripper, tried it...like it! It works great! I cut narrow strips and it worked well.

Jackie Outten
01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the latest order of Grippers and DVD's has arrived. Half of the orders will go out today and the other half will go out tomorrow morning. If you ordered prior to January 15th you will receive your order from this batch.

I am going to place the final order on January 30th so if you are interested in getting this special price please place your order by that date. All those who ordered after January 15th will be included in the final order.

Jackie

Tyler Howell
01-22-2004, 12:34 PM
:D Jackie,

You are wonderful to put up with a bunch of (mostly) men :( covered with sawdust. Thanks;)

Stan Smith
01-24-2004, 3:39 PM
Thanks for getting us a deal. I bought the Gripper and dvd. I thought about it overnight before deciding that my fingers were worth more on my hand than off.

Stan Smith

Scott E. Cokley
01-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Just arrived today, so I took it to work and put it together. Seems to be a very well built unit, I can't wait to use it when I get home. I only have one problem though. I seem to be missing the hardwear that connects the stablizing plate to the balance support. ((M)T-Bolts, (N)Thumb Knobs, (P)Nylon shoulder washers and (D) O-Rings. Should I call Micro Jig to aquire these parts or someone at SMC? It's not a big deal, these things happen and I probably have something at home that will work. Oh well, The unit looks great and I think I might leave a little early to try it out.
Thanks Keith and Jackie, what a great deal!

Scott

Glenn Clabo
01-25-2004, 6:34 AM
SMC has just been kind enough to facilitate the bulk buy. I'd call the company and tell them about your problem. They have been extremely nice to everyone.

Tyler Howell
01-25-2004, 8:03 AM
I'm a GRRRRRRRRRRRIPPER too. Arrived yesterday.

Thanks again

Jackie Outten
01-25-2004, 9:04 AM
Scott,

I will call Henry on Monday and see what he wants to do about this.

Thanks.

Jackie Outten

Scott E. Cokley
01-26-2004, 4:14 PM
Thanks Jackie. No hurry, I'm just thankfull for the great deal! I can still use most of it.

Jim DeLaney
01-26-2004, 4:53 PM
Jackie,
I just ordered two Grippers and the DVD. When will the order be placed? Just curious - and also anxiously anticipating getting them!

Pete Ortan
01-26-2004, 5:40 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the latest order of Grippers and DVD's has arrived. Half of the orders will go out today and the other half will go out tomorrow morning. If you ordered prior to January 15th you will receive your order from this batch.

I am going to place the final order on January 30th so if you are interested in getting this special price please place your order by that date. All those who ordered after January 15th will be included in the final order.

Jackie

Just received my Gripper today,it looks pretty impressive.I would like to thanks SCM,Keith and Jackie for this opportunity to purchase an excellent safety device/tool.

Thanks,
Pete O.

Spence DePauw
01-26-2004, 7:45 PM
Grippers and DVD arrived today. No time to assemble or watch the movie, but I did take a little time to leaf through the paper. Very impressive...

Thanks for the special deal, and the efforts to make it work.

Spence

Jeff Skory
01-26-2004, 10:25 PM
With all of the :D :D :D :D faces concerning the Grrrripper I figured I didn't want the be the only guy around without one of these new toys. So I put in my order for a Gripper and and a DVD. Two of them would have been pushing my budget a bit too much.

Hopefully my comments will be as glowing as the rest.

BTW - I just installed a 1/8 inch drill bit splitter into my zero-clearance insert. What a great little system. And it should work well with the Gripper as well.

Lynn Kasdorf
01-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered two of these things and the DVD. Tomorrow is my birthday, so that is my justification!

My table saw technique for ripping has always been a two-stick system. One stick pushes the wood down and against the fence and the other pushes it through. I've not had a kickback in years. Of course, this is not to say that one won't happen tommorrow.

However, it is pretty easy for the wood to start to veer away from the fence past the blade. And at the end of rips the cut is sometimes not perfect as the wood wanders away from parallel to the fence.

Since I am not a splitter or blade guard user, I'm looking forward to the grrripper system. I may rig a little splitter into the zero clearance insert at some point- like the 1/8" drill bit approach.

Thanks for making this offer available, Keith and Microjig!

Jeff Skory
01-27-2004, 2:16 PM
Lynn,

As I mentioned in my post above, I just added a drill bit to my insert. Only sticks up about an inch so it works with my crosscut sled without a problem. I simply used a little epoxy glue to hold it in (my insert is made out of some type of heavy plastic).

I really like the way it works so far. The only thing I have to remember is to not try and slide the fence across the saw blade when it's down because there is now a thin stick of metal in the way. :D

Jeff

W.C. Turner
01-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi again Keith,

When I looked, it said shipping for one gripper was $7. Did it increase from $5, up to $7?

W.C. Turner
01-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Jim,

The first batch of twelve will be ordered tomorrow morning and we should be shipping them by Monday. January 5th. Delivery of additional orders depends on how long it takes for us to receive orders for twelve units.

Hi Keith,

Like Dave Hammelef, I've been thinking of ordering the gripper. But when I visited the MicroJig website, and looked at the pics and info, it appears this could be a hazard, instead of for safety. I'm concerned if your hand slips off the handle, or worst, the plastic handle breaks, and throws you into the saw blade? Isn't this a real possibility?

Keith Outten
01-29-2004, 4:05 AM
Hi Keith,

Like Dave Hammelef, I've been thinking of ordering the gripper. But when I visited the MicroJig website, and looked at the pics and info, it appears this could be a hazard, instead of for safety. I'm concerned if your hand slips off the handle, or worst, the plastic handle breaks, and throws you into the saw blade? Isn't this a real possibility?

WC,

The MicroJig handle is very strong and fits the hand comfortably. I think that your grip is less likely to slip with the MicroJig than when using a standard push stick or worse just your bare hand. Ripping thin stock and resawing short boards are a couple of things the MicroJig makes possible that you may not normally feel comfortable doing in many cases. The additional control the operator has using this jig is also a plus and in the long run improves overall safety. I originally ordered one jig and the DVD, then ordered the second after using the MicroJig on my tablesaw and router table.

Given the number of people who have purchased the MicroJig from this special offer I'm sure you will receive lots of comments concerning how pleased everyone is with their MicroJigs. I don't think you can beat the price either, even a woodworking show special would most likely be more expensive. We've sold over seventy MicroJigs!

Our special ends on January 31st and we will not be able to order any more MicroJigs at this price after the special expires. We have refused to order Microjigs for the general public and lots of people have tried to order without being members of SawMill Creek.

Jackie will close out this special Saturday January 31st and place our final order for MicroJigs and DVD's on Monday morning.

Jackie Outten
01-30-2004, 4:55 PM
Just a reminder--orders for the Microjig GRRippers and DVD's must be received by tomorrrow, January 31st.

Thanks.

Jackie Outten

Jackie Outten
02-02-2004, 2:35 PM
Thanks to everyone who placed an order. This program is officially over as of January 31st, 2004.

Jackie Outten

Glenn Clabo
02-02-2004, 2:45 PM
No...No...Thank you Jackie! All we did was plug in the cc # and you did all the work. How many did you end up buying?

Larry Browning
02-04-2004, 10:54 PM
I placed an order on Jan 26th and I haven't received it as of Feb 4th. Should I be concerned? Is there a way to check on the status of my order?

Thanks,

Larry

Mike Kelly
02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered two of these things and the DVD. Tomorrow is my birthday, so that is my justification!

My table saw technique for ripping has always been a two-stick system. One stick pushes the wood down and against the fence and the other pushes it through. I've not had a kickback in years. Of course, this is not to say that one won't happen tommorrow.

However, it is pretty easy for the wood to start to veer away from the fence past the blade. And at the end of rips the cut is sometimes not perfect as the wood wanders away from parallel to the fence.

Since I am not a splitter or blade guard user, I'm looking forward to the grrripper system. I may rig a little splitter into the zero clearance insert at some point- like the 1/8" drill bit approach.

Thanks for making this offer available, Keith and Microjig!

Micro Jig has just released their new splitter for sale.

Hi Mike,

This is a notification you have requested. Our new product – The MJ Splitter will be ready for shipping on Feb-15-2004.

We appreciate that you had contacted us and shown your interest in this revolutionary product, we therefore, have reserved very limited quantity of the MJ Splitter for early shipping to those on this notification list. You also have the special privilege of free shipping if you call us and order the MJ Splitter before Feb-15-2004.

The list price of the MJ Splitter is $19.95; your cost is only $14.95 each set with no shipping cost if order before Feb-15-2004. Click on this link for more information on the MJ Splitter.

http://www.microjig.com/MJ%20Splitter.htm

Once again, we thank you for your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Henry Wang

Micro Jig, Inc.

P.O. Box 195607

Winter Springs, FL 32719

Tel: (407) 696-6695

Fax: (407) 696-6106

Email: sales@microjig.com

Web site: http://www.microjig.com

Jackie Outten
02-06-2004, 5:55 PM
No...No...Thank you Jackie! All we did was plug in the cc # and you did all the work. How many did you end up buying?

Glen,

We ended up selling 112 grrrippers and 66 videos.

All Grrrippers and Videos were shipped out today. Those who ordered should have them next week.

Thanks.

Jackie OUtten