PDA

View Full Version : ULS 460 Mechanical Problem

Jeff Lehman
04-13-2007, 8:48 AM
Was working on a pretty big job last night and my 460 (35W) had a idler arm failure (see attached pic). I called Universal and they were very helpful in gettting a new idler and belt out.

Unfortunately my machine was just out of warranty (received it in Jan 06). I felt a little frustrated since the machine has very few hours on it as I do this on the side. This isn't a hit on ULS but I do think the part was faulty.

Just sharing my frustration...

Ed Lang
04-13-2007, 9:27 AM
I have a M-300 and I had that pulley fail but it was warranty.

Might be worth a call to ULS and let them know that part has failed on other new machines and see if they will at least reduce the parts cost.

Al Mutairi
04-13-2007, 9:44 AM
Jeff , Sorry to hear about your machine problem, hope you get fixed quick. I also own a ULS V 460 & is out of warranty . I am curious how much did ULS charge you for the new idler ?

Al

Dennis Perry
04-13-2007, 9:50 AM
Hi Jeff, I also had the same problem X2-660. ULS said there was a problem with the pulley and sent 2 new ones no charge.

Dennis

Mike Mackenzie
04-13-2007, 1:48 PM
Jeff,

That paticular problem was a mfg. defect and they should replace it under warranty. Forward this picture to the service dept. I dont think they realized that this is what happened to your system.

Frank Corker
04-13-2007, 6:04 PM
Wow Jeff, that's a bummer! Tell me, when this happened I assume it was in the middle of a job right, so what did the laser do? Did it stop?

Jeff Lehman
04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Just to update folks...yes it was in the middle of a job, but Universal got me the replacement parts overnighted. As far as my frustration with the part itself and the machine just being out of warranty, I emailed the pic to ULS with my concerns and a couple of days later received an email stating they would credit my charge card for the amount of the idler and belt (approx $70.00 total) back to my credit card and would send me out another idler and belt to replace the other side.

Needless to say, I am very happy with their response, and have to say their level of customer service is top notch. They acknowledged it must have been a defective part.

Regards

Ed Lang
04-17-2007, 3:48 PM
I feel better now.

My second machine will also be a ULS.