PDA

View Full Version : Pergola with a swing?

Scott Long
04-13-2007, 7:47 AM
I am looking to make a pergola, but I would like to hang a porch swing on it. I have a porch swing that means alot to my family, but I don't have a place to hang it.

So I am hoping that someone out there knows where to point me in the right direction.

Thank You

Dan Mages
04-13-2007, 3:11 PM
Here is a desgin by Norm. If you plant the 6x6 posts in the ground or tie them to concrete piers, I don't see why this could not support a porch swing.

http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?702

Dan

Scott Long
04-13-2007, 3:34 PM
Thanks Dan

It looks like to would do just fine in the back yard. Now the only problem is I have to make it without the LOML findinf out what it is. This is going to be a suprise birthday present.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-13-2007, 4:46 PM
Build the pergola....with two holes where the eye bolts go for the swing......Put the swing up while she's away...

Bob Oswin
04-18-2007, 7:32 AM
I am looking to make a pergola, but I would like to hang a porch swing on it. I have a porch swing that means alot to my family, but I don't have a place to hang it.

So I am hoping that someone out there knows where to point me in the right direction.

Thank You

Heres a pic from and old readers digest book on porches and swings circa 1994.
Try your local library. That's where I found this one.

Bob

Scott Long
04-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks Bob, I didn't even think of looking in the library. If I get some time this week I will stop by and see what they have.