PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
04-13-2007, 7:17 AM
Friday April 13th, 2007

Yep, you are reading that right and it's already started for me today. I awoke to no internet and have just now gotten back online.

After our snowstorm from the last two and half days we are supposed to warm a wee bit over the next week. We ended up with around 12 inches around here, although it was hard to tell as it was melting pretty quick on the warm ground. A wee bit cold this morning [28] but the sky is clear and we'll seen some sun.

I began milling the hickory I will need to cover the metal duct work from the Viking range hood this week. I hope to continue working on that this weekend in between all the other fun stuff. May have a short road trip Saturday or Sunday, depending on what I hear from the "Great Sage of the Spring".

So what kind of _______[insert name here] Foolery are you up to this weekend?

This is Karl..................in the Dells................looking down.............
shaking his head.................and wondering if Al ever does anything except clean???? ;) :D

Have a good weekend everyone, and make it a safe one, especially today.:eek:

Karl

John Lock
04-13-2007, 8:08 AM
Where to begin? Assembling the new Ridgid TS3620? Running the dust collection for the new Delta dust collector? Maybe building a stand for the new Delta planer?

More likely, re-organizing/cleaning the garage so I can use all these wonderful new tools!

So many things to get done!

Charles Wilson
04-13-2007, 8:09 AM
From the sound of it, I might be doing quite a bit of snowblowing this weekend.

Had the week off, gotta prep to go back to work.

Regards,
Chuck

Ken Fitzgerald
04-13-2007, 8:29 AM
Saturday.........finish turning the spokes for a sail boat for Dave Richards and get them mailed to him.

Sunday ......clean my shop to get it ready to finish!

Tyler Howell
04-13-2007, 8:35 AM
This is Karl..................in the Dells................looking down.............
shaking his head.................and wondering if Al ever does anything except clean???? ;) :D
Karl[/quote]
Hey Karl,
Suppose to be 50* today in the Minniapple.
I may get a chance to see how much cleaning has been done, but Al is so busy.....cleaning. We're trying to make a connection here.

In town this weekend. Meeting with some folks I use to work with 40 years ago. Scout camp staff reunion. A lot of changes. Those guys have gotten so old:rolleyes: .
A couple honey dos tomorrow and a date with my baby daughter.

Going to try and road test a few more tractors for the new place
May have a gloat by Monday:D

Andrew Williams
04-13-2007, 8:39 AM
I've just about finished all the big panel glue-ups for a shaker blanket chest/dresser. Hopefully I will be able to get the case joined for the most part over the weekend.

Nancy Laird
04-13-2007, 8:52 AM
Friday the 13th here in Central NM too - SNOW!!! on the ground - not much of it but enough that it's going to make driving a little dicey today. Work today, then finish up a big laser order and get it packed to ship; turn some pens and finally jump into the bottle-stopper fray and give them a shot. Has anyone seen the newest issue of FWW, May/June? Our own Art Mulder has a letter printed on page 10.

Nancy

Tim Lynch
04-13-2007, 8:57 AM
I just gotta jump in and say hello to my neighbors Chuck and Andrew! I hope everyone is wrong about the snow! :eek:

Tim
Whitney Point, NY

Al Willits
04-13-2007, 8:59 AM
Well...probably start out Sat morn doing a bit of cleaning, once I can fight my way far enough into the garage/shop I'll continue on with my storage cabinet, got the sides and top together, put the back on last night and will probably have to brace it a bit, seems a 36"x59" piece of 1/4" plywood wants to oil can a bit, so like you guys mentioned, it'll need a bit of help...

Also Tyler has mentioned we need to get together and get a bite to eat and chit chat for a bit, Sat or Sunday afternoon for that I hope.
Haven't heard what mischief he's been up to at the new place lately.
Wonder if he wants to help clean ???

Probably not....:)

Beasty has said we need to start on the upstairs and clean that out so I can finish remodeling up there, haven't been able to use my reloaders for over a year now...good thing wookworking and cleaning are taking up my shooting time or I'd be out of ammo for the Creeker meet coming up...:)

Al......Ted...you cleaning any this weekend, maybe we can clean online together???.......er....that didn't sound right...did it????:D

Andrew Williams
04-13-2007, 9:00 AM
Hiya Tim! It's looking like another one indeed. Seems we are having a little ice age....

I just gotta jump in and say hello to my neighbors Chuck and Andrew! I hope everyone is wrong about the snow! :eek:

Tim
Whitney Point, NY

Jack Ganssle
04-13-2007, 9:01 AM
Here in Maryland there's no snow, thankfully, but we're still looking for Spring to arrive. Planning to spend today and maybe tomorrow helping a pal get his boat ready for the Bermuda 1-2 race in June.

Dead in the tracks one two projects waiting for a replacement router to arrive (the new 2.25hp Triton) after my old Sears died recently, so I'm making a holder for my glue blocks - basically just make-work that makes sawdust.

Jack

Mike Waddell
04-13-2007, 9:08 AM
Mornin' Everyone -

I've got all the cope and stick doors cut and assembled for a laundry room project, and I'm hoping to finish (painting white) and hang them over the weekend.

Picked up a few of those "soft closing" hinges... pretty darn sweet if you ask me!

Have a great one...

Mike

Tyler Howell
04-13-2007, 9:15 AM
To much cleaning is bad for you. I ain't doing any this weekend

Mario Lucchesi
04-13-2007, 9:20 AM
Hoping to finish the center island/ recycling center and get it out of the shop.

I hope to get a little more construction material to keep working on the shop. I am on a mission to have it closed in and heated before next winter!! I am tired of moving things in and out of the office when it gets cold/warm.

I still need 30 rolls of insultaion and about 30 sheets of OSB...

Jim Becker
04-13-2007, 9:28 AM
I have a short weekend due to needing to prepare for some upcoming business, but will try to get a little time in the shop. I may need to do some outdoor stuff, however, depending on the weather.

Charles Wilson
04-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Tim,

Nice to see that I have company in the Binghamton area. Nice to know that I am not flying solo in the area.

Getting the snowblower primed, maybe a trip today to Syracuse Industrial Sales to check out some General saws and then a trip to Bass Pro in Auburn.

Chuck

Tim Lynch
04-13-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm off to Southern Tier Hardwoods for a few more boards to complete my notoriously underestimated projects. A couple rift sawn white oak and a couple mahogany should do me. I assume you shop there? Great guys.

Andrew Williams
04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I was just there yesterday. Those guys are great!

Ted Miller
04-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Al......Ted...you cleaning any this weekend, maybe we can clean online together???.......er....that didn't sound right...did it????:D

Al, Knowing how nuts we are and we clean every weekend, it sounded fine.

I will be hooking up my SCMS to DC and also finishing up some cabinets for a job I have going and maybe I can get my master vanity done on Sunday.

Oh yes, did I say cleanin, you bet, I love to clean, I like to make messes then clean. I call it "Al madness"...

Eric Wong
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I've got to take a flight to Phoenix on Saturday morning, flying home on Sunday. At least all my woodworking magazines showed up this week, so I'll have something to read!

Dan Gill
04-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm going to try my first bent wood lamination. It will be for legs for a speaker's stand. I made the form and re-sawed and planed some red oak, and learned I have to go down to about 1/8" to make the radius. I started out between 3/16 and 1/4". So now I have to re-saw and plane some more strips and start gluing them up.

This will be a red oak and ash stand. I am not going to stain the wood, so we'll see how the color contrast works. Assuming the bent wood lamination works, that is.

Al Killian
04-13-2007, 1:26 PM
I have three project I am working on. Hopefully one or two will get done this weekend. First is a bench for my freind, it needed repair and refinishing. it came from his fathers house, who raises dogs. It is a striped and fixed, just needs sanding and refinish. The next is a blanket chest for the wife. It is a peice of "______". It is something that was thrown together with some pine boards and only worth the fire pit, but the wife likes it and I get stuck rebuilding it and makeing look decent. As of now it only needs a few more coayts of poly. Sunday my best freind is getting new lower cabinets for the kitchen and needs me to help him. He wants me to give him a price on refaceing the upper cabinets as they are nice and solid. So I guess I have enough to keep be going for now.