PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit: Dennis Peacock (!)

Jim Becker
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I had an outstanding 'Creeker visit this evening! Dennis Peacock took a break from some interminable IT exercises he's living through this week and ventured forth to visit Chez Sawsndust. It was great having him at the dinner table, giving him a tour of the shop and enjoying the conversation throughout. And I hope he comes around more often...those alien beings in my home (called daughters) for some reason became incredibly polite and well behaved the minute Dennis walked in the door. They even ate their dinner. Wow! And he came bearing a beautiful bowl for my collection. Thanks, Dennis!

At any rate, here's a few pictures. Note the smile on Mr Peacock's face as he takes yet another swipe on a board with the LN Low Angle Block Plane in the second shot. Priceless... :D

62301 62302 62303

Ken Fitzgerald
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I see he came dressed in his formal bibs too!

Congrats guys! I'm just a little envious!

Jim Dunn
04-13-2007, 6:23 AM
Looks like everyone had a grand time.

Karl Laustrup
04-13-2007, 7:29 AM
What a great visitor you had Jim.

Now that Dennis has found his way to PA, perhaps he could find his way to WI. Cheese, Dennis, we have cheese. :D

Karl

Nancy Laird
04-13-2007, 8:57 AM
What a great visitor you had Jim.

Now that Dennis has found his way to PA, perhaps he could find his way to WI. Cheese, Dennis, we have cheese. :D

Karl

And here in New Mexico we have green chile, Dennis. I'm looking forward to a reciprocal visit soon!

Nice pictures, Jim. I know you had a good time with Dennis.

Nancy

Fred Voorhees
04-13-2007, 9:15 AM
Dang, if I knew a visit from Dennis was in the offing, I would have wormed my way into visiting and meet one of the grand pubahs of SMC.:p

Jim Becker
04-13-2007, 9:24 AM
Dang, if I knew a visit from Dennis was in the offing, I would have wormed my way into visiting and meet one of the grand pubahs of SMC.

Sorry, Fred, I should have let you know...my bad. I did try to have Robert stop by, but he got stuck in the "Big Apple" on business. The good news is that Dennis will likely come back sometime...apparently, he's quite popular with his customers! (Imagine that? :D)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-13-2007, 9:39 AM
The good news is that Dennis will likely come back sometime...apparently, he's quite popular with his customers! (Imagine that? :D)

I wonder if it's the bibs or the southern accent........or just that "good ole boy" style of his?:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Nancy Laird
04-13-2007, 9:57 AM
I wonder if it's the bibs or the southern accent........or just that "good ole boy" style of his?:confused: :rolleyes: :D

It's all of it, Ken. He's a southern gentlemen of the "old school." Take my word for it.

Nancy

Joe Meazle
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Hey I know that guy. Those are D's dress (AKA Sunday got to meetin') bibs by the way. Make sure he gets back to Arkansas in good shape.
Joe

Jason Tuinstra
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Looks like you guys had a nice visit. Nothing like a well tuned plane to keep the smiles firmly afixed. And it looks like the girls are digging the attention as well. Great times.

Dennis Peacock
04-14-2007, 12:20 AM
I made it home Jim!!!!! All in one piece too!!! ;)

Thanks to Jim and family for welcoming me into their home. It's always wonderful to meet the various woodworking people we meet across the Creek or across the "net". I have to admit though, that Jim Becker can "cook" a very Grand Meal!!!! Talk about good food? Tender, moist pork roast??? Yumm-m-m-m-m-m Yum!!!!!!

Needless to say that I fell in love with The Becker's home. I loved the old style home from historical times, the post-n-beam construction of the library/family room. It was truly an honor to meet Alison (Jim's SWMBO) and the two girls. I really had a great time with the girls as well as the Becker parents. :D

Don't let Jim ever fool ya....he's quiet the craftsman in woodworking. Very beautiful work on everything I got to see that he made. I hold the Becker's in high honors and if you ever get the chance to meet them? Please do!!!! I promise you will not regret it one bit.

He Jim....how about sending me the LN block plane?! :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
04-14-2007, 9:36 AM
Dennis, I'm glad you made it back to Arky 'N Saws....:D...and your visit was an absolutely pleasure. Even I was surprised when the girls greeted us in their beautiful gowns and acted with unusual politeness! LOL

You'll have to acquire your own LN plane, however...that one is MINE!