PDA

View Full Version : Visited with a fellow Creeker

Jerry Todd
12-26-2003, 9:35 PM
Jim Becker and his lovely wife Alison came by and visited today. Gave them a shop tour and picked his brain on BLO finishing. What a great couple. Thanks Jim for putting up with all my questions, you are a class act and we enjoyed our visit.
Jerry

Jim Becker
12-27-2003, 9:37 PM
Thanks to Jerry and his lovely wife for such nice hospitality, conversation and of course, the 50 cent tour!

Any SMCer traveling through central Florida shouldn't miss an opportunity to visit with Jerry...the house is wonderful and the shop is awesome. The pictures he's posted from time to time just don't do justice to how nice the work space is! The lighting is right, both from natural source and from a great overhead setup, too. I was trying to figure out how to get that drum sander under my elbow on the plane, but alas...it wasn't going to happen. (And yes, Terry Hatfield does have some competition for the "spotless shop" award! :D )

Thanks again, Jerry, for a fine afternoon and here's another view for those folks who couldn't make out the color of your shirt...

Mike Kelly
12-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Jerry, that GATOR Orange looks just fine! If we could just get Spurrier back to Gainesville........

Jerry Todd
12-28-2003, 7:56 AM
Jerry, that GATOR Orange looks just fine! If we could just get Spurrier back to Gainesville........
Hey Mike,
Can't wear the orange shirt for a few days. My son & daughter-in-law are visiting and she is a FSU grad.
Happy Holidays,
Jerry

Tyler Howell
12-28-2003, 9:24 AM
Jerry,

I see you did get the Grizz Sanding table??? How do you like it?

TJH

Dick Parr
12-28-2003, 10:45 AM
I thought that was a UT orange T-shirt you were wearing :D

Jim Becker
12-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Can't wear the orange shirt for a few days.

Now I could be crazy... :D ...but I thought that was Harley orange! :cool:

Mike Kelly
12-28-2003, 5:04 PM
Hey Mike,
Can't wear the orange shirt for a few days. My son & daughter-in-law are visiting and she is a FSU grad.
Happy Holidays,
Jerry

That's OK. FSU is just a girls school isn't it? Or was it used to be. I never can get that straight!

At UT (Texas) we have "Burnt Orange", not the same as Gator Orange.

Martin Shupe
12-28-2003, 7:08 PM
I've seen Jim before....where's the pic of his wife? ;)

Jerry Todd
12-28-2003, 7:54 PM
Jerry,

I see you did get the Grizz Sanding table??? How do you like it?

TJH
Hey Tyler,
Yes I took delivery on the sanding table on the 23rd of Dec. So far I like it a lot. Have not sanded any large items on it but will be building some blanket chests soon and will give it a real work out then. So far have sanded small items, (band saw boxes), and have not noticed any airborne dust. It is a lot less expensive than the other alternatives and it alows me to use the sanders I already own.
I did look at Terry Hatfields downdraft table and I am sure it works just as well as the table I purchased. However I did not have room for one close to the ductwork and could not bring new ductwork to the middle of the room because of the light fixtures.
Jerry

Jim Becker
12-28-2003, 8:26 PM
I've seen Jim before....where's the pic of his wife? ;)

LOML was behind the camera...you can see her reflection in my eyes if you look close enough... :D