PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 21829 TS

Brian Keith
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Anyone with this saw have any problems with the on/off switch? Mine is only 4 months old and the switch is already gone. I know the old Ryobi bt3100 had this problem, the 21829 and the 3100 are almost identacle. Sears did send me a new switch which I havnt put in yet(maybe tonite). Thanks

John Lock
04-13-2007, 8:06 AM
Looks like the same switch I had on my Craftsman saw. Went out within the first year, so Sears replaced it no charge. Second time it went out, I replaced it with a standard switch from a local electrical supply company. Didn't have any problems with it after that, but I did lose having the big paddle by making the switch.

scott spencer
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
That Sears model is made by Ryobi and shares many of the same parts as the BT. I have read about the switch problem at BT3Central about both of these saws, so you're not alone.

Jim Heffner
04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyone with this saw have any problems with the on/off switch? Mine is only 4 months old and the switch is already gone. I know the old Ryobi bt3100 had this problem, the 21829 and the 3100 are almost identacle. Sears did send me a new switch which I havnt put in yet(maybe tonite). Thanks

Brian, a lot of people on the BT3 Central site talk about that very problem and how to fix it. I have the BT3100 saw and I didn't like the switch or it's location. So I decided to change it, I went to the Delta/ Dewalt repair
center near my house and had them order one of the Delta tablesaw
switches for me, I think it was $40.00 range, but well worth it, a lot better made and I mounted it where I wanted it! It is the best one that they have and use on their better contractors saws. Hope this helps
Jim Heffner