PDA

View Full Version : Sears Comes Through

Brian Tillinghast
04-12-2007, 8:04 PM
:D I posted yesterday about the 20% off online sale this AM. Well, I get up at 3:30 anyway, so I'm all set, right? Overnight our power kept going in and out. Yeah, wouldn't you know it, NO COMPUTER-$h*t. So I went to the local Sears after work and give the manager my sob story. He says "Let's see what we can do". Long story short I end up with the 22401 for $399. He matched the online price and I don't have to wait for the mail-in $100 rebate. However I do have to wait for the saw, 2-3 weeks. So, with a couple of decent tools in their stable and at least 1 great store manager, maybe Sears is trying to get some WW's back.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-12-2007, 9:00 PM
Yup Brian....It's hard to beat good customer service!

Don Bullock
04-12-2007, 9:47 PM
Brian, That's a great deal!!! I'm glad to hear that your local Sears has a good manager. I have three stores within 20 minutes of my house. Only one of them has decent service. Needless to say, they get all by business when I need an item from Sears. That's where I bought my 22401 on Christmas Eve just before closing.

Carson Saunders
04-12-2007, 9:58 PM
Nice....3 sears within 20 minutes. I have one about 1 hour away and another about 1 hour and 15 minutes away. It kind of sucks since I like to wander through the tool department when there is a sale going on.

Rich Engelhardt
04-13-2007, 5:29 AM
Hello,
I've been impressed with Sears customer service lately. It's been somewhat of a surprise seeings how they are now part of K mart.

On "Black Friday" my wife and I hit the local Sears hardware store @ 5:00am for their specials. I planned on buying a socket set that was on sale for half price simply because it was a good deal. I didn't really need the set, but couldn't pass up the price. When I asked the mgr. where it was, he told me they hadn't gotten any of them in for the sale.
IIRC - it was the set that normally sold for $99.00 and it was advertised for $49.00.
They were substituting another set for the same 1/2 off, but that one was also sold out. He then offered me the next set up from that at the same 1/2 off. I stood there for a few seconds thinking about it - then looked at him and said "This is kind of rediculous. There's nothing to really think about here since I'm never going to get that kind of deal ever again."
He kind of chucked, smiled and made some comment about it being early in the morning. :D