PDA

View Full Version : Tracking

Anthony Anderson
04-12-2007, 7:38 PM
I am tracking my Jet sharpener at UPS online. It started out in Cincinatti, then went to Lexington, then on to Nashville, and now its just arrived in Montgomery, Alabama. Now it sounds as if everything is going great, EXCEPT I live in Iowa:eek:. The package is going the wrong direction, and it is supposed to be at my doorstep tomorrow morning. Will someone in Alabama unexpectedly receive a Jet sharpener, and be happier than the dickens, or will I be the happy one? I am guessing that I won't see this sharpener tomorrow. Is this normal for UPS to send a package 1500 miles (round trip) out of its way before reaching final destination on time? Always had great service from UPS and Amazon, but on this one, I am beginning to wonder. Any former or current UPS employees out there who can shed some light on this. Waiting patiently (OK, not patiently:D) Bill

Doug Shepard
04-12-2007, 8:09 PM
Stuff like that is almost always a case of the shipper giving you the wrong tracking number (to someone else's shipment). Recheck with Amazon to make sure they gave you the right number.

Anthony Anderson
04-12-2007, 10:39 PM
OK, I contacted my local UPS store, and the package was sent to Montgomery, AL. The agent that I spoke to said that the package was sorted in a huge sorting hub in Cincinnati, loaded on a trailer, and hopped and skipped it to Alabama. I won't see it until sometime next week. He checked everything out via the UPS internal tracking system, and he found out that Amazon labeled everything correctly, but that UPS dropped the ball on this one. I asked if there was a way to overnight it, since it was UPS error, and he said in the past they could have done that, but now UPS will not do that, since they get ~$5 to ship the package and it would cost ~$30 to overnight it to me. They would rather refund the original $5 shipping cost rather than take the loss on overnighting. The UPS rep that I spoke to was extremely nice. I feel that he went out of his way to help me, and his customer service, and honesty actually helps me to accept the error much better. It actually surprised me that, 1) I actually got to speak to a real person at 9pm, 2)He really went out of his way to help me and 3) He was sincere and honest. Yes, UPS did drop the ball on this one. But in my opinion this is real customer service. Overnight would have been a nice gesture though:D, but that was not in his hands. Just wanted to give an would give an update on this post. Bill

Chuck Wintle
04-13-2007, 6:49 AM
It surprises me that UPS will make a mistake like that and then sit back and not do anything about it. I would try to up the chain of command at UPS to get them moving.:)