PDA

View Full Version : Help please

kyle kitto
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
I am trying to work on a logo and am having difficulty with part of it. Any help advise or pointers any of you could offer would be greatly appreciated. It is the bass pro shop logo i am doing for a client of ours. i have attached the logo i have chosen to start with. i am having trouble engraving a good quality image on the fish. the rest of the logo looks great. I have recently purchased photograv but do not have that much experience with it yet. I am using corel draw 12 and photo paint 12. the material to be engraved is walnut and laminate plywood i am using a ULS X2-660 with 2 60 watt tubes and a 2" lense. if anybody could offer some suggestions or point me in another direction i would greatly appreciate it. in the meantime i am going to continue to beat my head on my desk and see if anything happens.

Bruce Volden
04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Kyle,

I really don'tquite understand what you are asking, specifically. Try this link and see if this won't work for you?? http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/?action=search&text=bass+pro

Bruce

kyle kitto
04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I am getting absolutley no detail on the fish. it is really hard to see what it is. it is just burning everything. when i convert the file to grayscale everything is so dark. i guess i am asking how do i lighten up the image so i have some contrast and make the details on the bass really stand out. thanks for the quick reply

Joe Pelonio
04-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I am getting absolutley no detail on the fish. it is really hard to see what it is. it is just burning everything. when i convert the file to grayscale everything is so dark. i guess i am asking how do i lighten up the image so i have some contrast and make the details on the bass really stand out. thanks for the quick reply
Look at the eps version of the logo at the link that Bruce suggested, it's a much better file for engraving, with contrast between the black and green.
You could even open it in Corel, wireframe mode, delete all but the fish, then copy and paste him on top of the fish on your file.

kyle kitto
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
thanks for the help i got something now that looks really good that i can fine tune a little. you guys are the best. thanks

Dennis Perry
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi kyle, have you tried to change the image density. In wood I use 3 and sometimes 2, this will give more space between passes and more detail in wood. I have the same ULS works for me. Are you engraving walnut or the plywood? plywood I use around 20 - 25 watts, contrast in walnut will be tuff.

Have fun Dennis

Mike Mackenzie
04-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Kyle,

I would use the file from brands of the world and then use the clipart mode in the driver that will give you a very good engraving.

Bill Cunningham
04-12-2007, 8:51 PM
If you have photograv, just convert the file to a greyscale .bmp, suck it into photograv and select the 'cherry' (thats a pretty generic parameter, that works with most everything in wood) then press the auto process button, save the file and engrave.. The detail should be almost perfect.. Just don't change the size after you process the file..Size it 'before' processing..

kyle kitto
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I got everything to work out great. The material to be engraved for production is going to be Rutland plywood. Once i followed everybody's advise i was done in about 10 minutes. thanks everybody