PDA

View Full Version : Finished the neighbors lighthouse

Dick Parr
12-26-2003, 4:39 PM
This was suppose to be a Christmas present for the neighbor’s wife, but he didn’t to tell me far enough ahead that he wanted it. Since my disability in February, I haven’t been able to spend but a couple of hours in the shop a day. So she got it today and she was happy. Since I only saw some pictures of one and had no plan, it was fun figuring out the angles and all. :confused: Especially the for the shelves.

Thanks for looking

Tyler Howell
12-26-2003, 5:38 PM
Very Nice. You have no idea how important those lights are unless you're out at sea searching for it. With all the high tech now theyare not as important but I have respect and am greatfull for even the decorative ones. Thanks for sharing.

TJH
Sorry to hear about your lay-up. A mans place is in the shop!

Dave Smith
12-26-2003, 7:05 PM
Wonderful job!!
Hi Dick,

Thanks for posting the before picture. It gives a better idea about the construction. I understand your pain with angled shelves. Been there, didn't like it.

Glad to see you are getting some hours in the shop. Some is better than none.

Dave Smith

Enjoying a slow day in my shop in Longview, WA.

Charles McKinley
12-26-2003, 7:31 PM
Hi Dick,

Very nice sehelves.

Bob Lasley
12-26-2003, 9:11 PM
Nice job Dick. I agree that does look like some difficult cipherin' with all those compound and other assorted angles! I am afraid I would have had a lot of trial and error..................with emphasis on the error! I am sure that is on happy neighbor lady.

Bob

Terry Quiram
12-27-2003, 10:27 AM
I admire someone that can reproduce a product based on a picture. Well done.

Terry

Dick Parr
12-27-2003, 3:04 PM
Thanks Terry and everyone,

The biggest problem was that I couldn’t find any plans or pictures of a lighthouse shelf assembly. :confused: All I could find were complete lighthouses and there are some nice plans out there for that. This one is sort of after the U-Built It lighthouse plan. The neighbor’s wife collects little lighthouses and she wanted something to show them off with. First she wanted one of those boat shelves which I have a couple of plans for, but changed her mind and asked if I could just build a lighthouse. I’m sure there are some out there somewhere, but I couldn’t find any. This one turned out pretty good though.