PDA

View Full Version : Steebar

Nigel Morgan
04-12-2007, 3:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

Anyone know of this company, or what would be handy if someone lived near by, they are in New Jersey, sent them 10 emails with no reply, HELP, got a problem with a delivery and previous order.

Cheers

Nigel

Randy Meijer
04-12-2007, 4:59 AM
Hi Nigel:

I am just at the end of a month long struggle to get a problem resolved with an order I placed with them. I had a similar experience in that they never responded to any of my half dozen emails. In an effort to get information on the company, I did the same thing you have done and posted querries on about a half dozen different forums and received a surprisingly large number of replies from dissatisfied customers. I will never purchase from this company again as a result of the way they have treated me.

As a result of of my investigations over the past month, I did come up with an 800 number for them so you can talk to them on their dime instead of using your own long distance minutes.

It is 1-800-653-1930. Note that this number "IS NOT" posted on their web site and the only way you can phone them is by paying for a LD call. When I finally was able to talk to someone, they had a terrific story and sounded really sincere; but I had the feeling I was talking to a used car salesman if you know what I mean.

I wish you luck with your problem.

Nigel Morgan
04-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Many thanks for that, I am in New Zealand, will find a suitable time to ring them, I am well over due with a delivery now and need the insert movements.

Cheers

Nigel

Randy Meijer
04-14-2007, 2:55 PM
Nigel: I didn't realize you were in NZ when I wrote my response. I doubt that our free 800 numbers will work for international calls. If you would like me too, I can act as an intermediary for you and call the company from my home here in Texas. Since I have already had some dealings with these folks, I sort of know how they operate. If you want to try that alternative, you can email me with a few more details of the problems you are having and your order numbers and I will contact them and try to find a solution to your difficulties.

P.S. Where are you located in NZ? I visited your beautiful country several times years ago when involved with the Antarctic research program run by our National Science Foundation.

Randy Meijer
06-20-2007, 3:23 AM
Here is a followup to the original post for any who may be interested.

The original order was placed in the middle of March and I got involved in the middle of April. Steebar said the ordered items were on back order and were expected shortly. Said lack of response was due to problems with their email provider. Did not have any explanation for why charges were made to the credit card when the items were not in stock.

A month later(mid April), the items were still not available and their email was still not working so we requested a refund.

A month later(mid June), the credit had not been received and their email was still not working. Explanation-oversight, we’ll take care of it; but not the slightest hint of an apology.

About a week later the credit finally showed up; but their email is still not working!!

Anyone think an Internet seller can provide good/any customer service without a functioning email capability??

Three plus months to extract a credit for a charge that should have never been made in the first place!!!:mad:

If you missed the original thread you can see it here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22923&SearchTerms=steebar (http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22923&SearchTerms=steebar)

Shane Turner
06-23-2007, 3:26 AM
Nigel, did you sort out your clock insert supply problems?

If you're interested, I know of a local supplier of 38, 50, and 88mm clock inserts as well as a vast range of other promotional product blanks.

Nigel Morgan
06-23-2007, 3:48 AM
Hi Shane,

With a great deal of help from Randy, the credit was made to my card this week, all most 3 months later. I am now using Klockit, they are very helpful. Please let me know the company here in New Zealand.

Cheers

Nigel

Shane Turner
06-23-2007, 4:59 AM
The local suppliers are great for urgent orders. You can of course get them a bit cheaper elsewhere if you're willing wait for surface shipping.

The are called PromoShop ( Tuapeka Gold Print Limited ) ph: 03 485 9210

Their price book lists the inserts as follows ( for 50 or less units )

80mm: $4.14
50mm: $5.66
38mm: $4.91

http://www.promoshop.co.nz/clock_insert_38.htm

Best of luck.

Russ Peters
02-27-2008, 3:32 PM
I ordered some slimline kits from them... they overcharged my account now no answer by email and phone busy for last 3 days

Randy Meijer
02-27-2008, 4:14 PM
Peter:

You have to be persistant with these guys. Are you calling the 800 number? It is 1-800-653-1930. They keep it hooked up to a fax machine and don't always answer. The most recent time, I had to call twice a day for a week before they picked up.

Be sure you call after 10 A.M. and before 4 P.M. their time. I think they work a relatively short day.

George M. Perzel
02-27-2008, 6:00 PM
Hi Guys;
This used to be a pretty good company until it was sold to a group of folks who haven't a clue how to run a business or even care what customer service is. Stay away from them unless you are really looking for conflict and frustration.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Jack Harper
02-27-2008, 8:32 PM
Russ,

If you ordered using your credit card, just call the card company and explain the company is unresponsive and you want a "charge back" for the amount they overcharged you. In my experience, you will get the companies attention very quickly. When they get a charge back, their card processing fee goes way up for every transaction going forward. They usually take care of you and do the credit to avoid the action. However, if they don't want to take the credit card companies call either, you will just get your overcharge money back and they will get whats coming to them.