PDA

View Full Version : Just could not pass it up

Rick Beko
04-12-2007, 1:54 AM
I have been contemplating purchasing a bandsaw over the last few months. The plan was to buy a saw that would not see an upgrade for a long time if ever. A day before the Toronto WW show I called Laguna to ask some questions. I made it clear to the rep I had no intentions to buy. Well the pot was getting sweeter and sweeter as the conversation moved along so I told him I would think about. An hour later he called me back and said...give me $300 down, fully refundable, and you call me when you want it delivery. He gave me until Monday after the show to put down the deposit. It came with 2 King resaw blades, 3 blade pack, mobile base, brake and miter gauge. At the show I looked over the saw and the only option he would throw in for the same price was 1 King resaw blade. Needless to saw I went for it because I would have been kicking myself if I didn't. It was also Laguna's year end and the deals are alway best at that time. They did a fantastic job packing the saw and options in the crate. This was one of the easiest machines to assemble. Fit and finish are right on the mark and everything lined up. The next step is to install a plug, load in a blade and tune it up. The only negative experience so far is that the manual is useless but the CD they mail out has all the instructions you need.

Eugene A. Manzo III
04-12-2007, 2:40 AM
:) looks like you made a very good deal

Jim Becker
04-12-2007, 9:33 AM
A fine addition to your shop! You'll enjoy having a big, beefy band saw.

(And the salesman was doing a very good job with all the correct techniques...LOL!)

Don Bullock
04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Congratulations. That's quite a deal you made on a fantastic machine. I'm sure you will make lots of sawdust with it. Enjoy.

Rick Beko
04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Jim, did I mention I use be a sales rep. Sales reps are always hungry at their year end. The reality is it is good to deal with a rep that actually asks the right questions because in the end he met my needs and he got the sale.

Jim DeLaney
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Rick,
I've had that same saw for about four years now, and I really like it. It's been a real workhorse, and hasn't given me a minute's trouble along the way.

One minor modification I'd recommend is to take the phenolic table insert (blade surround) and perforate it a bit for improved dust collection. I 'swiss-cheesed' mine using a quarter inch drill, on half inch centers. Dust collection was already pretty good, but this minor mod did improve it.

Great saw! You're gonna like it.