PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a plasma cutting vendor

Karl Stewart
04-11-2007, 9:47 PM
I have a project up at camp that I think I will need a plasma cut. I have a fireplace on the deck with twin doors that I'd like to put a scene of some wildlife within, cut from steel. A deer head or maybe a moose. I can supply art or choose one of their CAD/Cam images.

Can anyone refer me to someone? Picture is the outdoor mantle with a stone from my each of my out of state friends. Thanx in advance.

Karl Stewart
04-12-2007, 1:05 PM
Found this one in Illinois. Will keep you informed.

http://www.rontro.com/

Charles McKinley
04-12-2007, 2:08 PM
Hi Carl,

Look for a steel fabricator or machine shop in your area. A lot of places now have CNC plasma setups. They won't advertise it. I also doubt that they will have an art inventory to pic from.

Do you have the steel for the project? How thick do you want it? Stainless or carbon? What is the overall size of the project? The answers to these questions will be very helpful when trying to find someone to do this. It will be a one off thing for them and making it as easy for them as possible will make it a lot easire for them to say yes. I would try to find a local place to do it and ask if they can do it from a "drop" that they have from another project. Steel prices have been going up and UP for the past few years. Depending on size and weight shipping will be a factor as well. This could also be done on an industrial laser or a water jet cutter.

I'm too far away to be of much help. If you can't find anyone PM me and I'll help you out if I can.