PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! (Gloat)

Don Bullock
04-11-2007, 7:57 PM
Well, my SawStop was delivered this afternoon. I can't believe the service that I got from my dealer, Eagle Tools in Los Angeles. Special thanks goes to Mark Singer for recommending them to me.:) Yes, I realize that I spent a lot of money but Ricky and Jesse at Eagle Tools did far more than could be expected and much more than a well known franchise who said they'd help me load it on my truck. Jesse gave me a personal demonstration of the SawStop brake. My saw was uncrated and fully checked out. They ran a full electrical diagnostic before and after they installed my pigtail. All tolerances were checked and noted on a spec sheet that I saw taped to the saw before I paid for it. The saw was then mounted on a mobile base that I bought from them. The following day the saw loaded on a truck with a liftgate, delivered to my home shop (garage) and wheeled into place by the driver. The only extra cost was $50 for the home delivery by a truck with a liftgate (actual bill was $195). That's what I call service. Now, I have to wait for the Incra fence that I ordered through Woodpecker to arrive. Thank you to all who helped me decide. Oh, I almost forgot; after my wife and I decided to purchase the SawStop my tax guy (brother-in-law) gave us the news that the State of california and Uncle Sam owed us over $4,000 in tax returns. Not only do I have a SawStop, but when the money comes in from the state and Feds, it will be paid for.:D

Jim Becker
04-11-2007, 8:10 PM
Woo hoo! Congratulations on your new saw! 'Tis a beauty! :D

Now...go fill out a new W4 and stop lending the government so much money interest free!!! ;)

Jeff Miller
04-11-2007, 8:33 PM
Looks good Don:D

Get the Johnsons Wax out now and wax her up;)

Don Bullock
04-11-2007, 8:35 PM
Woo hoo! Congratulations on your new saw! 'Tis a beauty! :D

Now...go fill out a new W4 and stop lending the government so much money interest free!!! ;)

Thanks Jim. Evidently our school district did something different with the pay we get during the summer. For some reason in the past they didn't take the taxes out of that money so usually we had to pay more taxes. This year the rules changed or the district finally followed the correct rules, so we're getting money back. I have no idea what will happen next year.:eek:

Anthony Anderson
04-11-2007, 8:35 PM
Congratulations Don. I am glad everything went well with the delivery of your saw. I love everything about the SawStop. Enjoy it, as I am mine. Bill

Dan Drager
04-11-2007, 9:26 PM
Way to go Don. That should be a joy to work with. Eventually, I will join you with a sawstop of my own.

Tell me please, what is the vehicle that see the corner of in the picture? It looks like a very interestingly painted VW Beetle. How close am I?

Jim Dunn
04-11-2007, 9:31 PM
Don congrats. Is that a 36" fence system on that saw? Also is the mobile base for a larger unit?

I'm about a month away from pulling the trigger on the same make and model.

glenn bradley
04-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeaaahhhhh, buddy!

Mike Heidrick
04-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Don congrats. Is that a 36" fence system on that saw? Also is the mobile base for a larger unit?

I'm about a month away from pulling the trigger on the same make and model.

This HTC mobile base front edge extends out for a 52" fence system. HTC HST-3274EX model base.

Don, verify the table and blade adjustments are still right on after it was shipped/delivered. Maybe check everything when you install the fence.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Congrats Don! May it serve you well!

Eugene A. Manzo III
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Good luck on your new saw !!!! Do I also see an antigue car next to it ??

Corey Hallagan
04-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Congrats on the new saw!

Corey

Don Bullock
04-11-2007, 11:40 PM
The car is a 2001 PT Cruiser. Here's a picture of it at a car show.
The bumpers are from a '35-'36 Ford and I've added running boards, lake pipes and a lot of other custom features.:D

Don Bullock
04-11-2007, 11:46 PM
This HTC mobile base front edge extends out for a 52" fence system. HTC HST-3274EX model base.

Don, verify the table and blade adjustments are still right on after it was shipped/delivered. Maybe check everything when you install the fence.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Mike is correct on the base. I had a choice of this base or a custom base that the Eagle Tools has had HTC build to their design. Unfortunately it was designed for the SawStop extension table and I have decided to add a router table to the right of the saw at a later date so that I can take full advantage of the Incra fence that I have ordered. I will be installing a set of the Incra legs when the fence arrives.

Mike, thanks for the advice on checking all the adjustments. I will be doing that for sure after I've installed the Incra.

Andrew Williams
04-12-2007, 5:17 AM
Congrats on the new saw! I wish i could see it but for some reason the pics don't show up. It says I am not logged in when I am.

Peter Melanson
04-12-2007, 10:05 AM
congrats and have lots of fun, it's a great saw.

Peter

Jason Tuinstra
04-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats! There is nothing like good service and it sounds like you got it. I'm sure you're going to love putting your saw through the paces.

Mark Carlson
04-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Don,

I got the same good service from Eagle Tools when I bought my CS. Congrats on the SawStop.

~mark

Fred Voorhees
04-12-2007, 1:21 PM
OK, I'll say it...............when is the "hotdog test":D

Jim Becker
04-12-2007, 3:16 PM
OK, I'll say it...............when is the "hotdog test"

You putting up the cash for the very expensive hot dog? ;) :) :D

Tom Cowie
04-12-2007, 3:59 PM
Hi Don

Great Gloat!

I got to check out the Saw Stop at the Chantilly show and I was very impressed. I'm sure that you will be happy.

Tom

Don Bullock
04-12-2007, 4:13 PM
OK, I'll say it...............when is the "hotdog test":D

You putting up the cash for the very expensive hot dog? ;) :) :D

Fred, considering your location, the cost of the plane fare, brake cartrige and a new saw blade I think Jim is correct. It would be a very costly demonstration.:eek: :p If you're willing to foot the bill I'll gladly accomidate you.;) On the demonstration that Jesse at Eagle Tools did for me, I was amazed at how small the nick was on the hot dog and he ran the board with the hot dog through the saw much faster that I would normally cut a piece of 1/4 plywood. For those who are closer to LA, I know that Eagle Tools plans to demonstrate the SawStop at the Woodworking show in Pamona, CA next month. It's worth seeing if you haven't.

Jack Ganssle
04-12-2007, 4:41 PM
Don,

Awesome gloat. I saw the demo at the local Woodcraft and the thing stops and retracts the blade so fast it leaves you breathless. I think they said 0.005 seconds. It's an amazing piece of technology.

Jack

Mark Singer
04-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Don,
Congradulations on the saw! They are really terrific and I think you will enjoy using it!
Jesse at Eagle tools is great! I have bought many things from him....he is very thorough... Soon you will be up and running.

Charles Jackson III
04-15-2007, 8:44 PM
Congrats, on the new saw.