PDA

View Full Version : Senco nailer's and the Creepo

Per Swenson
04-11-2007, 7:04 PM
I don't like the Borg all that much,

and I don't use Senco guns.....But.

They ain't bad and I have nothing bad to say about them.

With the disclaimer out if the way.... They have a bargain here.

200 bucks for a set. Can't go wrong with that.

Per

Ted Miller
04-11-2007, 7:20 PM
Per, I have the same set and got them from Amzon a while back for $179. and well worth it. They are great guns and not had a single jam yet. I also have the Senco cordless nailer and it works very good for quick shot not wanting to carry the pancake around...

Bruce Page
04-11-2007, 7:37 PM
This is at the orange borg right?

I’ve been mulling this deal over since last weekend. I would like to get a finish nailer, I have a brad nailer (PC), and don’t know if I would ever need a crown stapler.
Decisions, decisions…

Per Swenson
04-11-2007, 8:43 PM
I do a awful lot of work where the nails/staple are never ever seen.

I use my stapler. Holds twice as well.

I also use it (we hang alot of drywall) in leveling and shimming old work

with mason lath and shims. Wonderful for this.

per

Jim Becker
04-11-2007, 9:07 PM
When I bought my framing gun (Senco) they threw in a brad nailer. My experience is that their lower-end tools aren't anything like the ones that pros generally rely on...that brad gun isn't half the tool my Accuset by Senco brad gun is. So it's a good idea to check on what the specific models included in the three-gun kit are.

Jeff Kerr
04-11-2007, 9:07 PM
I agree.

My Lowe's has a 15% off tool sale right now. They didn't have the 3 gun Senco deal but I asked HD to match the 15% off price and they did:p

N ot a bad deal

Per Swenson
04-11-2007, 9:34 PM
I did not want to saddle up this horse

but the trails a callin.

Accuset, I have a couple, is to the best of my knowledge no longer

manufactured. They were also not made by senco but branded/licensed.

They were sold at a discount as a non'pro gun. I killed 'em both.

Not completely dead, but the safteys were shot and operated as automatic weapons with the pull of the trigger.

Todays nail gun of choice, I want to impress the TODAY part.

Are Hitachi's. I thought I had a hit 8 months or so ago with the pasload.

Turn's out I was wrong. Relegated to the junk pile.

Live and learn.

Don't get me wrong here, I kill these things.

A fella that uses one occasionally, well, any one of them will last forever.
Per

Per Swenson
04-11-2007, 9:53 PM
I thought I might throw this in also.

We have 4 different job site compressors,

some better then others. 2 with vapor traps.

Many reason's a gun will fail, 1/2 million nails. Humid air, dirty air,

dust, lots of dust, Freezing to death on a cold job and expecting to work first thing in the morning. Same goes for sitting in that black truck box on a 100 degree day.

Consistent 5 foot drops off the scaffold. Don't forget those glues.

So it's really the combination of these abuses that assist me in turning these guns to junk. All things you are not likely to encounter in a home shop.

Don't forget the help. Hey Per! this thing don't work!

No, I don't throw them.....often.

Per

Jim Becker
04-11-2007, 9:55 PM
Per, you're correct that Accuset went away and I didn't mean to imply they were a pro gun...but the "free" brad nailer that came with the framing gun was not even close to the Accuset in features and quality. (The red and black guns have served me well in my non-pro shop which is what they were designed for)

Ted Miller
04-12-2007, 9:06 AM
Per, I make sure oil is always in the ends of my guns and the ends of the air lines. Tanks and traps drained like clockwork. Working in a body shop for a few years and seeing many a die grinder and seals go on spray guns taught me to take care with pneumatic items. Yup we even had a 100 gallon tank explode due to not have the tank drained enough. The bottom inside tank just rusted away. Glad it happened a holiday weekend and no one was in the shop that day...

Art Mulder
04-12-2007, 9:38 AM
A fella that uses one occasionally, well, any one of them will last forever.

And this is the advice that I, a hobbiest, need to remember.

jeremy levine
04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
On easter Sunday I had a pipe start to leak that was hit with a finish nail. Get this
20 months ago( maybe more). My contractor and plumber ( the original sub) are good people and said they have no issue with "eating" my insurance deductible.

Lars Thomas
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
On easter Sunday I had a pipe start to leak that was hit with a finish nail. Get this
20 months ago( maybe more). My contractor and plumber ( the original sub) are good people and said they have no issue with "eating" my insurance deductible.

I would suspect they wouldn't have an issue with that since they 'caused' the whole problem

Al Willits
04-12-2007, 3:16 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if its the help or the gun he doesn't throw often????
:D

Per, any recommendations for the hobby guy..or gal then, like most favorite junk nailer?
Al

dan moran
04-12-2007, 4:46 PM
I would suspect they wouldn't have an issue with that since they 'caused' the whole problem

this is absolute truth...

i had no idea that a pneumatic finish nail could ever do anything to pipe (water or electric) i always thought it would hit the round surface and glance away..

until my partner and i go back to hardware a job(after the painters, electricians, and carpet guys went through) and noticed that some baseboard was missing and there was freshly patched drywall in the same area..

turns out i had shot through a piece of electrical conduit which was too close to the wallboard (my stud finder picked it up like it was a stud) and the electricians couldnt get their fishtape through there to pull their wire..

at least it was picked up sooner than your problem..

Brian Elfert
04-12-2007, 5:18 PM
This same set was clearanced out at Home Depot after Christmas 2005 for around $155. I got mine for 10% off with a coupon.

I'm not a pro and I've only used the brad nailer, but it seemed to work fine.

Brian Elfert

Mario Lucchesi
04-13-2007, 8:01 AM
I saw someone selling them on craigslist for $250.
Hmm.

Joe Chritz
04-13-2007, 9:30 AM
Buy the kit and sell me the stapler cheap. :D

I need one just for doing poker table upholstery. Unless anyone knows a T50 stapler that will actually sink the staples in plywood.

Joe

David Weaver
04-13-2007, 9:35 AM
Buy the kit and sell me the stapler cheap. :D

I need one just for doing poker table upholstery. Unless anyone knows a T50 stapler that will actually sink the staples in plywood.

Joe

What about the reverse staplers that have you putting the leverage toward the head of the stapler? Not that I'd choose that over a pneumatic stapler, but it might help the staple bore in without having to use two hands on the stapler.

Joe Chritz
04-13-2007, 2:25 PM
I'm getting off target a bit but, a hand drive reverse stapler works well, as does a regular hand stapler.

Each table takes about 900 staples. :eek: Hence the electric T50 or the need for a good deal on a crown stapler. I like the T50's because occasionally the material needs to be stretched so some staples have to be pulled.

Joe

Jim Becker
04-13-2007, 2:50 PM
PC makes a mid-crown stapler that is aimed at upholstery work...last time I looked, Coastal Tool carried it. It's similar to the narrow crown tools that many of us own, but shoots staples more appropriate for working with fabrics, etc...the wider fastener has better holding power for this use.

jeremy levine
04-13-2007, 3:02 PM
this is absolute truth...

i had no idea that a pneumatic finish nail could ever do anything to pipe (water or electric) i always thought it would hit the round surface and glance away..

Live and learn... All in all it was not a disater, just a bit of a pain. If the temperature was a bit higher last week ( not dipping into the 30's ) a lot less water would have hit the floor. The hardest part for me was do I wait for the not cost solution ( it was easter sunday when it started ) or spend like a billion dollars ($270 for the vist alone) on an emergency plumber call ( my plumbing sub was out of town).

The age of the nail damage was the instering part to all involved. The plumber suspected it right off , but had never seen a case well over a year old.

Bill Neely
04-14-2007, 8:41 PM
Joe, I bought a surplus BeA stapler from ebay - just the ticket for upholstery and stapling up insulation. However there's no safety on the one I bought.