PDA

View Full Version : 20 % off

Brian Tillinghast
04-11-2007, 4:34 PM
Hi, new guy here. Got an email from sears, they're having 20% off Thursday-12am-6am. I've been wanting the 22401 for about a year. That would bring it down to $399. I don't see it ever going back to their $329 mistake and now it's $499, so I guess I'd better jump on the 6 hour sale. From what I've seen here on SMC, everybody is quite happy with this bs, except for the cheap bearings-right? Thanks, Brian
PS This is online only, does anyone know if you can apply gift cards on this?

Tim Malyszko
04-11-2007, 5:07 PM
I got the same email. Be aware of the fine print:

This is an a d v e r t i s e m e n t. Sears shall not be held liable for errors or omissions in pricing. In the event of an error, we will make every effort to accommodate our customers. Offer details:

1. 20% cash back after mail-in rebate when you buy 3 home Appliances of $399 or more
20% cash back after mail-in rebate when you purchase Tools worth over $399.99

15% cash back after mail-in rebate when you buy 2 home Appliances of $399 or more
15% cash back after mail-in rebate when you purchase Tools worth between $299 - $399

10% cash back after mail-in rebate when you buy 1 home Appliance of $399 or more
10% cash back after mail-in rebate when you purchase Tools worth between $149 - $299

Rebate offer excludes Great Price items, water heaters, Kenmore PRO, floor care, and sewing machines. Rebate calculated on purchase price of item, not including tax, installation or delivery. Offer not valid with Sears Commercial OneŽ accounts. See rebate form for details. Offer good thru 12am to 6am 4/12/07.

It looks like the 20% is not an instant rebate, but a mail-in-rebate that is dependent on how much you puchase.

Don Bullock
04-11-2007, 7:35 PM
Hi, new guy here. Got an email from sears, they're having 20% off Thursday-12am-6am. I've been wanting the 22401 for about a year. That would bring it down to $399.

If the saw will be $399 with the discount does the 20% still apply? Hmmm, interesting problem.:eek:

I think there is a way to use gift cards online at check-out. You can call them to find out. Some store managers will honor the Internet price or you can go to some Sears stores and the manager will order it online for you. They have a computer available, or at least the manager at the Sears I buy my tools from does.:D

glenn bradley
04-11-2007, 7:44 PM
I have found Sears pretty flexible when you call their cust serv 800 number.

Brian Tillinghast
04-11-2007, 9:14 PM
Hi Don- The $399 is with the 20% off applied ($499 reg). I also found on their website that you can use the gift cards for online purchases. I don't know if they'll honor in store, the sale is only 12am-6am online.

Brad Townsend
04-11-2007, 9:36 PM
I've had that saw for a little over a year now and I think you would be very happy with it. Get some good bearings and a selection of good blades and you are still well under $500. (I don't know if the supplied bearings are really that bad, but they are awfully noisy.) You will probably never get the saw any cheaper.