PDA

View Full Version : Support Group for Creeker Addicts

Belinda Barfield
04-11-2007, 3:04 PM
As most of you know, we experienced a little down time this a.m., for a good reason. Several of us could hardly make it through the morning without know the happenin's on the Creek. Al came up with a great idea. :)

Do we have a support group perchance....I almost fell off the wagon and may need help next time....:D

Sign me UP!

Hello, I'm Belinda, and I have a Creek addiction.

Jim Becker
04-11-2007, 3:33 PM
The Fed will likely change interest rates based on the massive increase in economic productivity this morning...:eek:

Belinda Barfield
04-11-2007, 3:40 PM
The Fed will likely change interest rates based on the massive increase in economic productivity this morning...:eek:

LOL . . . just read a news flash that analysts everywhere are scratching their heads in dismay over this increase in economic productivity. I did payroll AND cleaned off my desk while waiting for my "fix". :D

David G Baker
04-11-2007, 4:31 PM
Belinda,
I slid on over to a tractor forum that is my second addiction. Us junkies gotta have an alternative source for our morning fix. It helps quell the withdrawal symptoms and the jitters.

Phyllis Meyer
04-11-2007, 4:33 PM
Wow, I had no idea what an addiction really was...well...food just happens to be my drug of choice so I know how bad that is for me:( But...I found myself checking, re-checking to see if the Creek was up yet. Sweating, nervousness...Belinda, where do we meet for this support group?

This forum is top notch...for the new folks, where do they send a check and maybe a short explanation again how it keeps running! Thank you all for all you do here at the Creek!!

Phyllis:)

John Bailey
04-11-2007, 4:40 PM
This forum is top notch...for the new folks, where do they send a check and maybe a short explanation again how it keeps running! Thank you all for all you do here at the Creek!!

Phyllis,

We usually do a fund drive in November, however, most folks that aren't around for that most often support the Creek any time during the year. Just click on the word "donate" at the top of the page and you'll get the info. We recommend a $6 contribution, although most contribute more.

John

Phyllis Meyer
04-11-2007, 5:03 PM
Today was a day where I realized how much I truly enjoy being a member of this forum! I will be mailing a check today!

Sincerely,

Keith Outten
04-11-2007, 6:14 PM
Front Page News

The Creek has Vanished

Today a woodworking forum known as SawMill Creek suddenly went off-line and started a chain reaction of events that made headline news across the globe. From Wall Street to the Australian Outback there was an increase in productivity which was offset by a sudden drop in tools and equipment sales. Domestic and Foreign investment climbed to near record highs as World Markets strained to adjust to the days events. The United Nations has vowed to use any resource necessary to uncover the source of the disappearance and may invoke harsh sanctions against any country or group responsible for hijacking the Community of Woodworkers.
.................................................. ..........................................
.................................................. ...........................................

Feel free to add your News Bits (comments) to this never ending story :)

Thanks Phyllis,
The Creek is the best bargain around and it only costs 50 cents per month to support this great Community. :)

Jonathon Spafford
04-11-2007, 6:32 PM
Front Page News

The Creek has Vanished

Today a woodworking forum known as SawMill Creek suddenly went off-line and started a chain reaction of events that made headline news across the globe. From Wall Street to the Australian Outback there was an increase in productivity which was offset by a sudden drop in tools and equipment sales. Domestic and Foreign investment climbed to near record highs as World Markets strained to adjust to the days events. The United Nations has vowed to use any resource necessary to uncover the source of the disappearance and may invoke harsh sanctions against any country or group that is found responsible.
.................................................. ..........................................
.................................................. ...........................................

Feel free to add your News Bits (comments) to this never ending story :)

LOL ... I was so ticked last night when the forum was shut down ;) Even after being a member for only a year (today is my one year Creek membership Aniversary :D:D) it is kinda hard to kick the habit of visiting here! I get all nervous being on my computer, but having no creek to visit. The moderators and all the folks on here really make the Creek a blast!!!

Al Willits
04-11-2007, 8:39 PM
Seems my boss just gave me a raise today for increased production, boy am I confused, more money and less Creek, or less money and more Creek....O-well....I really didn't want all them new tools...:)

Al

Clint Jones
04-12-2007, 12:45 AM
I jump from forum to forum so when one is down I got to the other. Woodnet because of the activity and number of users. Sawmillcreek because I like the people here. Wood Central because well I just like wood central.

Belinda Barfield
04-12-2007, 8:00 AM
Front Page News

The Creek has Vanished

Today a woodworking forum known as SawMill Creek suddenly went off-line and started a chain reaction of events that made headline news across the globe. From Wall Street to the Australian Outback there was an increase in productivity which was offset by a sudden drop in tools and equipment sales. Domestic and Foreign investment climbed to near record highs as World Markets strained to adjust to the days events. The United Nations has vowed to use any resource necessary to uncover the source of the disappearance and may invoke harsh sanctions against any country or group responsible for hijacking the Community of Woodworkers.

And now, an update to a story reported yesterday by the esteemed Keith Outten. Just after noon EST productivity suddenly returned to previous levels, with reports trickling in from around the world of actual decreased productivity. Tool sales skyrocketed to new records. Analysts are scrambling to make sense of these events. While no group has yet claimed responsibility, it is suspected that the alleged site hijacking is the work of one man known as "Aaron the Mad". While he could be called a computer geek (meant in the nicest way), those who have interacted with him know and appreciate him as a genius.