PDA

View Full Version : new Multi-Quote feature

Mark Pruitt
04-11-2007, 12:49 PM
The new "Multi-Quote" feature is great!!! Keith or Aaron, whichever one of you guys added it, thanks!!!:) :) :)

Keith Outten
04-11-2007, 1:06 PM
Mark,

Part of the server upgrade that Aaron completed today also included an upgrade to vBulletin so there will be some new features. When Aaron has the time he will probably post a message to let everyone know what's new in this version.

There are also several new modules Aaron is planning to install, I have no idea what his time schedule is for the new Goodies as he has much to do tuning the new server and the vBulletin software. The Google Search feature is temporallily gone and there are probably a few other things that Aaron has created that he will have to reinstall.

This was a huge upgrade that includes the new server, Vbulletin, and a host of support programs that had to be upgraded due to vBulletin changes. Aaron has been working long hours lately and there have been problems to resolve just to get where we are today with all the new changes.

We haven't increased our bandwidth but the server is not the slowest link anymore, the new machine can handle some serious traffic loads.

:)

glenn bradley
04-11-2007, 1:38 PM
It may be an IE v6 thing or I don't understand what it is but I see no effect from selecting multi-quote. Got a hint?

Mark Pruitt
04-11-2007, 2:00 PM
The new "Multi-Quote" feature is great!!! Keith or Aaron, whichever one of you guys added it, thanks!!!:) :) :)

Mark,

Part of the server upgrade that Aaron completed today also included an upgrade to vBulletin so there will be some new features. When Aaron has the time he will probably post a message to let everyone know what's new in this version.

There are also several new modules Aaron is planning to install, I have no idea what his time schedule is for the new Goodies as he has much to do tuning the new server and the vBulletin software. The Google Search feature is temporallily gone and there are probably a few other things that Aaron has created that he will have to reinstall.

This was a huge upgrade that includes the new server, Vbulletin, and a host of support programs that had to be upgraded due to vBulletin changes. Aaron has been working long hours lately and there have been problems to resolve just to get where we are today with all the new changes.

We haven't increased our bandwidth but the server is not the slowest link anymore, the new machine can handle some serious traffic loads.

:)

It may be an IE v6 thing or I don't understand what it is but I see no effect from selecting multi-quote. Got a hint?
Glenn,
Here's what I just did (above). I clicked the multi-quote button on my OP. Then I clicked the m-q button on Keith's response. Finally I clicked the Quote button on your response, and I had the same window you're accustomed to seeing for a quote, only now all three messages are displayed. It's a heck of a lot easier than the cut-and-paste method that had to be used earlier when quoting multiple posts.

I have also found out that you can "cross-quote" posts between threads. That is, if I wanted to quote your response in a separate thread, I would just click the multi-quote button on your response, go to the thread where I want to quote it, and when I click a Reply button I will have a link that will allow me to paste your response there. This may be clear as mud, but if you play with it a little hopefully you'll pick it up quickly.

glenn bradley
04-11-2007, 2:02 PM
That pretty much ROCKS! Thanks, Mark.

Aaron Beaver
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I have had this on other forums and it comes in real handy. Glad to finally have it here, good job guys.