PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly FREE Trunnion Upgrade for G0457

Lance Norris
04-10-2007, 6:42 PM
The other day when I checked my email, Grizzly had sent me a note saying my internet order for a cast iron trunnion had shipped. Huh...? I didnt order a trunnion. OMG... Now what...? Identity theft...? So today, there is a box on my front porch with a replacement cast iron trunnion for my G0457. The original was aluminum. Included was a letter stating that the 2007 version of the G0457 now has a cast iron trunnion and Grizzly is offering it FREE to people who ordered the saw in 2006 that had the aluminum trunnion. WOW...thats customer service. Popular Woodworking did a review of 14" steel frame bandsaws and thats about the only thing they didnt like about the G0457. They said they thought there was too much movement in the table, and it was caused by the aluminum trunnion assembly. Well I found it not really an issue. But anyway, now my Griz is an even better saw !!

Jim Becker
04-10-2007, 6:46 PM
Best not to look a gift trunion in the eyes...get that thing installed! (Excellent kudos to Grizzly on listening to folks about how their product is received)