PDA

View Full Version : Workbench Video? Can't (re)find the site!

Brian Dormer
04-10-2007, 6:19 PM
A few weeks ago, I spent an evening watching some on-line videos of a guy building a workbench. He laminated his own top, built some serious trestles and did a fair job of talking thru the process. Didn't bookmark it... D'OH! Now - I can't find the darn thing - and it's driving me further into insanity. The guy was working in what appeared to be a basement workshop (no, it's not Matt or Wood Whisperer) - most of his tools were JET - although he did have a Delta lunchbox Planer. I've searched the creek and googled my brains out - no luck. I think it was "The Workshop" - might have been "Cascade". Anybody know the site?

glenn bradley
04-10-2007, 7:00 PM
Did you search your browser's history area for sites visited that day? That's what I have to sometimes do when I find myself right where you are. If you find the site, bookmark it . . . then . . . share ;-)

jonathan snyder
04-10-2007, 7:44 PM
Brian,

Sorry I can't help, but if you find it please post a link here. I'm in the planning stage, and would like to see it.

Thanks
Jonathan

Alan Tolchinsky
04-10-2007, 8:28 PM
A few weeks ago, I spent an evening watching some on-line videos of a guy building a workbench. He laminated his own top, built some serious trestles and did a fair job of talking thru the process. Didn't bookmark it... D'OH! Now - I can't find the darn thing - and it's driving me further into insanity. The guy was working in what appeared to be a basement workshop (no, it's not Matt or Wood Whisperer) - most of his tools were JET - although he did have a Delta lunchbox Planer. I've searched the creek and googled my brains out - no luck. I think it was "The Workshop" - might have been "Cascade". Anybody know the site?

Yes I know the one. I think it's something like the Canterburyy workshop or similar. I hope this is right.

Here is the one I'm thinking of: http://www.ustv.us/programs/canterbury.htm

Brian Dormer
04-11-2007, 1:40 PM
Yes I know the one. I think it's something like the Canterburyy workshop or similar. I hope this is right.

Here is the one I'm thinking of: http://www.ustv.us/programs/canterbury.htm

BINGO!!! That's it! THANK YOU!

Brian Dormer
04-11-2007, 1:45 PM
Did you search your browser's history area for sites visited that day? That's what I have to sometimes do when I find myself right where you are. If you find the site, bookmark it . . . then . . . share ;-)

Glenn -

I'm a software engineer (my "day job") - if it was in the browser cache of any of my machines - I would have done just that. But it's been too long :(

Anyway - Alan nailed it. Canterbury Workshop - I knew it began with a C. :D

glenn bradley
04-11-2007, 2:32 PM
No offense intended Brian. Some of us are comfortable with our computers . . . and then there's my dad ;-)

Dan Forman
04-11-2007, 2:36 PM
No offense intended Brian. Some of us are comfortable with our computers . . . and then there's my dad ;-)

:D :D :D

Dan

Dan Forman
04-11-2007, 3:00 PM
Brian---Thanks much for posting this, found the site, looks great.

Dan

Brian Dormer
04-11-2007, 4:34 PM

None taken :)

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-12-2007, 9:06 AM
I just watched that video.

I gotta say I have never understood that level of love and care when building shop furniture.

However his machinery ~!! Oh My~!! Everything in his shop sounds like it doubles as a hay thrasher.