PDA

View Full Version : PC 50. Rebate on Routers

Carroll Courtney
04-10-2007, 4:14 PM
Been about a month and no rebate yet.I purchase the PC 7518 and it also had a 50.00 rebate from PC.Followed all the instructions and mailed it in,have had no reply or e-mail.Have any of ya'll received the rebate yet?Does it take longer than a month?Just wondering

David Weaver
04-10-2007, 4:35 PM
I got the same router and sent it in about a month ago. I expect that it'll take them another month or so to get the rebate back to us. I think the original form said something like 6-10 weeks, so you can expect that it might be that long given that they have no financial incentive to get it back to you quickly.

I'll try to remember to reply to this when I get mine back.

No worries - they're on the up and up - it'll come sooner or later.

Alex Hamman
04-10-2007, 4:39 PM
Here ya go check this out. But I must tell you I sent mine in 5 weeks ago and I still can not find mine on this site. If I do not get this rebate, it will be the second time I have not gotten a rebate from B&D companies. And if I do not get this one it will be the last time buy from them.

http://rebates.portercable.com/

Kevin Smith
04-10-2007, 4:47 PM
I mailed my rebate in on 3/3/07 and the online status shows that the rebate "shipped" (not mailed) on 4/5/07. Not too bad on the turn-around. Hopefully, I'll see the check this week.

David Weaver
04-10-2007, 4:52 PM
It says no record for me, either. I have had trouble getting rebates in the past, but didn't think I would from them. I would guess, being that I mailed mine in about a month ago, that the letter is still in a pile waiting to be entered into the system.

Worst thing I had trouble with was computer rebates back when computer stuff was so expensive that they often had rebates on disks (like floppies) and components. I probably only got about half of those back.

Alex Hamman
04-11-2007, 2:48 PM
After complaining, I now have to eat my words. The Porter Cable site shows my rebate shipped today!!!!

glenn bradley
04-11-2007, 3:48 PM
In my experience, rebates are famously slow. Be patient but keep an eye on it. Part of me thinks the sub-contractors that process rebates get to keep any money they don't dispense.

Vijay Kumar
04-11-2007, 5:13 PM
Here ya go check this out. But I must tell you I sent mine in 5 weeks ago and I still can not find mine on this site. If I do not get this rebate, it will be the second time I have not gotten a rebate from B&D companies. And if I do not get this one it will be the last time buy from them.

http://rebates.portercable.com/

Alex,
Thanks for providing this link. I checked and mine says shipped. I only mailed it about 3 weeks ago.
Vijay

David Weaver
04-11-2007, 5:24 PM
After complaining, I now have to eat my words. The Porter Cable site shows my rebate shipped today!!!!

Mine, too! I wonder if that was coincidence.

Neil Lamens
04-11-2007, 5:30 PM
JEEEEEZZZ...............same boat. Kinda forgot about it until I read this.

Checked the link and I'm a no show...........so thanks for the link but not the aggrivation.

Carroll Courtney
04-11-2007, 10:12 PM
I to have to eat my words,and thanks to Alex who had the hook-up to PC's Rebate,I have check mine and says shipped today.That brings down my PC 7518 to 150.00 Life is GOOOOOD:D

Mike Heidrick
04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I have always had great luck with B&D rebates. Dewalt and Porter cable both always come when I send them in. Six to ten weeks is the norm. Just about as soon as I forget about them they show up.

Alex Hamman
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
WOW!!!!:eek: Carroll $150.00. That is a great price. I thought I was doing really well at $225.00 after rebate.

Kevin Smith
04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Carroll

Based on your price point - it sounds like you purchased your PC router through Amazon. Have you received their $25 promotional certificate yet? I contacted their customer service last week and was infomed that I should see this sometime between April 9th and April 23rd.

Good luck with that too...

PS. I received my rebate check in the afternoon mail...

Ray Phillips
04-12-2007, 8:52 PM
I received my rebate today. I purchased my PC 7518 on Amazon about 4 weeks ago when they run it for $199.00 with free shipping.With the rebate that brought down to $150.00. I installed it in my homemade router table with the Jessem lift. I love it.:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Allen Bookout
04-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I sure am glad that you posted this. I forgot to send mine in. I just received my router a couple of days ago but my rebate form was under some other papers and my box with the UPC code is out in the trash for pickup in the morning. I guess that you know where I am heading right now.

Gilbert Vega
04-13-2007, 7:54 PM
It's been 8 weeks since I ordered mine and still no rebate. At least it shows to have been shipped on 4/11/07. I also got mine for $199 - $50 REBATE - $40 FREE SCREWDRIVER = $110.:cool:

Allen Bookout
04-13-2007, 9:18 PM
I checked and it says to allow 8 to 10 weeks for the rebate.

David Weaver
04-14-2007, 8:35 AM
WOW!!!!:eek: Carroll $150.00. That is a great price. I thought I was doing really well at $225.00 after rebate.

Yeah - me, too. I had found it for $219 after rebate at coastal tool. I guess I'm just all wet!

Mike Heaney
04-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Folks,

Like a good boy, I sent in my rebate application as soon as I received my router and jig. I have just received a postcard from PC telling me that they still need me to send my ORIGINAL receipt as the one I sent is a copy (their words).

I purchased the router and dovetail jig as a package from Amazon, and the receipt I sent was the one I printed out from the Amazon website.

Do any of you have experience with this- do you know what I am supposed to send to make the PC rebate folks happy?

thanks in advance

Mike

Jeff Wright
04-26-2007, 12:18 PM
I can't but think that there is an intent to defraud customer with many rebate offers, even and perhaps most especially, from some of the major companies. I got a postcard saying I failed to provide an original invoice with my PC rebate request for my recently purchased 7518 router. I am certain I provided everything they required, being as compulsive as I am :D . I believe companies make it painfully difficult to apply for the rebates. I had a similar situation with a Microsoft Office Suite I purchased (actually one for me and one for my wife). They pulled the same trick and never did pay me the over $200 rebate they promised.

On the other hand, I got a fast check from Steel City Tools for my drill press purchase plus a nice personal letter from their CEO thanking me for the business. Smart companies look for other companies' deficiencies and work to outperform them in those weak areas. Porter Cable needs to take some lessons from them. I don't expect to get that rebate and will do all I can to not buy PC in the future as a result.

Vijay Kumar
04-26-2007, 1:01 PM
Just received the Amazon promotional gift certificate for $ 25 good for any Amazon purchase. Keep an eye in your email box.

Gloat: That makes the PC 7518 $ 198- $ 50 PC rebate-$ 25 Amazon certificate = $ 123.

Vijay

David Weaver
04-26-2007, 1:06 PM
There should be a receipt that you received with the order from amazon- in physical form - that would be a paper receipt with a peel off sticky backing. That's the receipt I've mailed in for amazon rebates.

It's always been taped onto the front of bigger packages, or included in the box floating separately with smaller packages - it's not the normal flimsy paper receipt.

David Weaver
04-26-2007, 1:36 PM
That's just ridiculous. You should've had a relative get another one for you at that price. I would've had two!

Jeff Wright
04-26-2007, 2:40 PM
There should be a receipt that you received with the order from amazon- in physical form - that would be a paper receipt with a peel off sticky backing. That's the receipt I've mailed in for amazon rebates.

It's always been taped onto the front of bigger packages, or included in the box floating separately with smaller packages - it's not the normal flimsy paper receipt.

You're correct! But I sent that in and I still got that same postcard the previous poster mentioned. I call it the rebate cost mitigation program. Sounds like a scam to me.

David Weaver
04-26-2007, 2:47 PM
I think I read somewhere that rebates in general are only honored 70% of the time - I don't think companies care much because they figure we're not going to do anything. They can just ignore them or give bogus reasons as an excuse not to pay out the cash.

I got my PC rebate, but I ordered from Coastal Tool. I have an outstanding rebate for a free delta deluxe miter jig, and that one I'm getting using that amazon receipt. I'll be posting on here if it isn't honored - though that's Delta and not PC.

If you have a photocopy of what you sent, and you sent the real one, I would call and be polite and ask for the rebate. If that doesn't work, I would document it, then call back and make a very big stink. I would imagine that someone making the decision at the other end for some reason just didn't think it was the original receipt, and they need some convincing - polite is always best if it works, if it doesn't then do what you need to.

I've had numerous times in the past where I just never got anything back from rebates I filled in - especially from computer stuff. I will not buy anything from anyone now where the rebate is the driving force for my purchase - because I just don't trust that I'll get it back, and it's often not worth the trouble or the wait. The free miter gauge I'm supposed to get is for a table saw that I ordered - 8-10 weeks to get it processed. What I want to know is why they think that someone would want to wait 8-10 weeks to get something.

Sam Shank
04-26-2007, 3:23 PM
You need to be meticulous about rebates. Do EXACTLY as they say. Make copies, and mark your calendars 8 or 10 weeks out (6-8 weeks or 8-10 weeks) and call them the next day if you don't have it.

Many rebate houses intentionally don't send every 10th rebate they get. If they get an inquiry, they'll mail it to you. If you don't call, they keep the rebate. Most companies don't actually process rebates - it's contracted out as you might imagine.

Some rebate centers are more ethical than others. Check out some forums like fatwallet (no direct link here) dot com and you'll find out which ones are good and which ones are bad. I treat them all the same - like scum out to keep my rebates.

_angry mode off_

ONON! Sam

Mike Heaney
04-26-2007, 4:26 PM
Just managed to get a hold of a helpful chap called Verne at Porter Cable (the number on the rebate form- I kept copies of everything).

He thinks the Amazon web receipt is fine and is off to tell the rebate department to send me a check. He has promised to be back in touch to confirm this by Tuesday May 2nd.

I will let you know how this works out

fingers crossed (and thanks for your help)

Mike

Allen Bookout
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I sent in my rebate form April 12, 2007 and I just checked this day May 04, 2007 and it is shown shipped. That is really fast for a rebate in my experience. I was a little worried after reading this thread but they pulled through with flying colors for me.

Steve Alderman
05-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Kinda worried about getting the rebate due to this thread, so I took the percaution of sending the required info Certified Mail - Return Receipt Requested via e-mail.

Sure enough mail showed as delivered & signed for by a Chuck Owens, however rebate site showed they had not received anything from me...even after they'd had it for three weeks.

Called them up & confirmed that they had no record of receiving my rebate.

Emailed them over everything including the sig from their guy (Chuck Ownes) who picks up their mail & had a rebate check within 5 days.

Sometimes it pays to be anal. :)

Allen Bookout
05-13-2007, 1:07 PM
Sure enough mail showed as delivered & signed for by a Chuck Owens, however rebate site showed they had not received anything from me...even after they'd had it for three weeks.

Called them up & confirmed that they had no record of receiving my rebate.

Emailed them over everything including the sig from their guy (Chuck Ownes) who picks up their mail & had a rebate check within 5 days.

Sometimes it pays to be anal. :)

I checked mine after about two and a half weeks and they showed that they had not received it. I waited about a week and it showed shipped so I got my rebate in about four weeks. I think that this is just the way that they are set up. They must show "not received" up to the point that they start to process it.

Curt Harms
05-13-2007, 1:24 PM
I can't but think that there is an intent to defraud customer with many rebate offers, even and perhaps most especially, from some of the major companies. I got a postcard saying I failed to provide an original invoice with my PC rebate request for my recently purchased 7518 router. I am certain I provided everything they required, being as compulsive as I am :D . I believe companies make it painfully difficult to apply for the rebates. I had a similar situation with a Microsoft Office Suite I purchased (actually one for me and one for my wife). They pulled the same trick and never did pay me the over $200 rebate they promised.

I hate rebates and figure the way to make them go away is to make them pay. If they have to pay a high enough percentage of the rebates offered, rebates will no longer be an attractive marketing tactic. I always carefully follow the directions, copy everything and use any means provided to check on progress. If they say something is not proper, I'm glad to resend it. If I speak to a CSR and get attitude, I offer to let them hash it out with the state consumer protection people or attorney general's office. In my experience that usually does it.

I have noticed that office max, circuit city & best buy seem to have backed off on their rebates, and offer instant savings instead. That is more to my liking.

Curt