PDA

View Full Version : Beating my head against X3....

John Hardage
04-10-2007, 4:02 PM
With a great deal of help from the Mrs., I got a picture powerclipped into a nice business card outline. One little snag, I did a page curl on the pic, now I'd like to bring the outline in to follow the page curl so it cuts the total outside edge, but the outline doesn't seem to want to be altered. By outline I mean a box I created and rounded the corners of, then powerclipped a pic inside it. Any of you Corel savy types have an idea?

Joe Pelonio
04-10-2007, 4:07 PM
I think the powerclip is attached to the outline now.

I think I would have copied the outline, pasted it then powerclipped, then center justify it with the original hairline for cutting.

John Hardage
04-10-2007, 6:50 PM
I think the powerclip is attached to the outline now.

I think I would have copied the outline, pasted it then powerclipped, then center justify it with the original hairline for cutting.

I get most of this, except the "copied the outline" part. The pic won't seem to outline, not sure if that's because of the page curls (all 4 corners) or what. Tried making a box around the pic, then pulling in the corners with various tools. That didn't work except for the eraser. That was a bit eratic and very hard to manually control.

Steve McKee
04-10-2007, 7:55 PM
Not 100% sure that I'm understanding what you're trying to accomplish but if I do understand correctly then this might help. Refer to the attachment, just above the top ruler you'll see 4 control boxes, highlighted by a box, these are what control the roundness of your box corners. You can change these to either be more round or not at all, even after you've powerclipped a photo into the box. Hope this helps.

John Hardage
04-12-2007, 2:46 PM
I ended up getting this one handled. The outline feature in Corel would do nothing, so I ended up taking it out and manually drawing the outline with the free form tool and using the shape tool to make curves out of the lines I need to. Next time I'll use the bezier tool and save some time, but otherwise this worked out fantastic. Ah yes, and to make sure they were connected, selected all the lines and used the connection tool under the shape heading to get a nice, consistent burn around the outside. Joe, this was mostly inspired by your trace statement and some research:) Thanks to you guys who answered. Now, could someone get the client to call back so I can get this job done?:rolleyes:

Mike Null
04-12-2007, 5:48 PM
I think if you try using the boundary tool it will do what you want. After you use powerclip under the "effects" menu select boundary and it will place an outline over the outline which is part of the powerclip. The boundary is editable so you can make it a little larger or change the line thickness if you want.

John Hardage
04-14-2007, 6:14 PM
I think if you try using the boundary tool it will do what you want. After you use powerclip under the "effects" menu select boundary and it will place an outline over the outline which is part of the powerclip. The boundary is editable so you can make it a little larger or change the line thickness if you want.

I gave this a shot, it was kind of difficult to get the outline to play nice. Probably as much from inexperience as anything I expect:) I ended up using the bezier tool to trace and drop nodes where I thought they should be, then converting the one's I needed curved to curves with the shape tool. It worked out really well, thanks to everyone!