PDA

View Full Version : Just mounted my Rockler Router Table to the DP - Now What

Brad Ridgway
04-10-2007, 3:39 PM
Reason - i am building a custom cabinet for the table and got the jessem top and master lift... Let me acknowledge that i knew there were two main issues going into this:

1) the router table has a single track running side to side, instead of two running front to back for clamping etc

2) i have a big aluminum plate in the middle instead of a small hardwood insert/cutout

That said:

1) i was thinking about buying some t-track from rockler and mounting two sections from back of table to the existing track... If i do this, can i router-dado these without tearing the laminate (would probably try to chisel close to the existing track)?

2) I have several sized white plastic inserts for the blue plate... I could use a pattern bit, etc to make similar ones out of hardwood / mdf

3) anyone know if the angled dust collector Rockler sells for the DP table will fit on the rail they sell with the router tables (mine is a few years old, but assuming its the same). called Rockler, they didn't want to grab one out of inventory to check :(

thx
-brad

Jim McDonald
04-10-2007, 3:48 PM
Check McMaster-Carr for T-slotted track. I bought 18" for $3.59 (1850A1) and 24" for $4.58 (1850A14). Not pretty blue, but work just as well!

Brad Townsend
04-10-2007, 3:57 PM
1. Yes, you should be able to route a channel just fine without tearing out the laminate. It should cut it clean. Instead of trying to chisel close to the existing track, why not just remove it, route, and then reinstall?

2. Wouldn't see why not.

3. Don't know.