PDA

View Full Version : Past Hauls

Ryan Cathey
04-09-2007, 9:24 PM
Here are the hauls from the past few times I went out hunting. These are from as far north as Paducah and as far south as Franklin. All in all they're pretty gloat worthy except the last thing but I'm not telling what it cost me. So here's the things and how much they cost me.

Mailbox Door-5.00
Flat Bastard File(brand new)-2.00
# 5 1/2 Disston Square-5.00
Norton Oil slipstone-2.00
Small PH screwdriver-.50
Reloading Hammer-3.00
#16 Stanley Miter Square-7.50
MF Awl #365-1.00
Half Round File(brand new)-1.00
Disston Coping Saw-4.00
Disston Level-9.00
Stanley #36 folding rule/caliper-I'm not saying lol

And for the pic police out there here's a link to my photobucket; http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/Ryan-Cathey/Haul/. All this came to a grand total of 40 bucks:D. So what do ya think?

-Ryan C.

Mike Langford
04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Do you have any idea how bad you suck?

:D (Now where have I heard that before? :rolleyes: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=54764)

Great haul Ryan!......You and I need to hook-up sometime and hit a few flea markets and clean-up on the deals......The sellers won't know what hit them!:eek:

....btw, You said "All this came to a grand total of 39 bucks:D.".......check your math again....what you have listed comes to $40 bucks and you didn't list the price of the Stanley #36 folding rule/caliper.....:)

Ryan Cathey
04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
I didn't want to post the price on the caliper because it's the only thing that I had to pay actual price for lol. But I'll put it anyways...I had to fork out 38 bucks for it:( . Thanks for the math heads up. I can't wait to get out again sometime. The guy I bought the mailbox door from said he had a few hundred so I might start taking orders from people here and make a little profit for myself if anyone is interested:D

Peter Gavin
04-10-2007, 7:54 AM
Are those the old fashioned doors from lock boxees in a post office? Do they have locks (and can you get the combination)? If so, I would definitely be interested in a few.

Thanks

Peter

Ryan Cathey
04-10-2007, 8:12 AM
I believe he said that he got them from some dorms when they remodeled the Murray State campus. But yes they lock/work and I can get the combination. Just PM me or send an email to me at woodworker714@hotmail.com and we can work out the details. I don't wanna take to many "orders" just yet because when he said "a hundred" you never really know how much that is lol.

-Ryan C.

Harry Goodwin
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
If you have it in your hand you can look in the back and easily figure out the combination. I have had several and it was done. When you lock them in some creation don't lose the number. Harry

Phil Clark
04-12-2007, 9:53 PM
Ryan - great price on the Stanley #16. Looks like an 8 inch, is that right? I just paid $35 on ebay for a 10 inch and I have to pay shipping. Don't see many #16's on ebay and I look at a couple of hundred thousand listings a year.

Ryan Cathey
04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Yup sure is. Sweethart vintage. Anyways, I'm glad you said something. I had never even seen one so I didn't have any idea about the value. Thanks alot.

-Ryan C.

Ryan Cathey
04-13-2007, 4:51 PM
Check it out. I restored the fifty cent PH screwdriver I got. I used boxwood and epoxy, I decided against the rivets. Anyways, for fifty cents and a little boxwood I have a right purty little screwdriver. http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/Ryan-Cathey/100_0286.jpg . What do you think? Oh yeah, and as indicated by the band-aid I only cut myself badly once in the process:D