PDA

View Full Version : Florida Sites?

Frank Kobilsek
04-09-2007, 4:49 PM
Gentlemen

Day job has me at a convention on Marco Island this weekend and early next week. Free time Sunday and Monday afternoon (April 15th & 16th). Anything or anybody a turner should go see?

I'm not a fan of these boondogles so nobody pick on me for how lucky I am to get to go to nice places, etc. etc. Wife is always busy and I've never been a girlfriend kind of guy, my golf game ain't worth the price, so its really just work and my bald head gets burnt in the sun. So you can see the turning tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Frank

Keith Burns
04-09-2007, 5:17 PM
Whine, whine, whine:D :D

Robert McGowen
04-09-2007, 5:43 PM
A Jet mini can't weigh more than a bag of golf clubs. You could probably even get the maid to vacuum up after you.
And I thought I had problems....... :)

Frank Kobilsek
04-10-2007, 9:11 AM
Robert, Don't tempt me. On one trip I picked up a piece of magnolia along the road (long story) when to Wally World to buy a bow saw and a cheap duffel bag. I sat in the super nice hotel room and trimmed the log down with the bow saw, rubbed soap into it to seal it and hauled it home. Airline inspection thought I was very weird. It split like a fat bridesmaid's dress. Maid cleaned up that mess.

OK I'll just set by the pool bored and burnt and I'll quit whining.

Frank

skip coyne
04-10-2007, 9:18 AM
not turning but take a ride on Us 41 across the 'glades and enjoy the scenery

stop here , halfway between Naples and Miami
http://www.clydebutcher.com/

nature photographer , being compared to Ansel Adams . great work really interesting guy , Ive met him a half a dozen times or so

Glenn Hodges
04-10-2007, 9:50 AM
Ride around and find some Norfork Island Pine beside the road, or use the Yellow Pages and call tree surgons for some.