PDA

View Full Version : Ferrule Failure?

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 3:54 PM
I was reminded this weekend as I was on my "sharpening fest" that the ferrule on my 3/4" Ashley Iles chisel let go awhile back. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing happening with these particular tools. Do tell...

Robert Rozaieski
04-09-2007, 4:14 PM
The ferrules on my AIs are tight. Never a problem. You could just put it back on and re-dimple it if it's not to loose. If it is really loose I would talk to the place you got them at. I'm sure that they will take care of it.

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 4:25 PM
Completely cracked down the seam, Robert. Yes, I'll have to let Joel know in my copious free time...CRS disease keeps me from remembering to do so...:rolleyes:

Mike K Wenzloff
04-09-2007, 4:45 PM
Some AI chisels had a ferrule problem, at least initially. From what I understand this was resolved a little while back.

Contact Joel...

Joel Moskowitz
04-09-2007, 7:39 PM
Jim,
Did you get them in store - if you got them by mail order I should have a record but IIRC you came and visited. AI had a batch of bad ferrules a few years ago. We will of course be happy to replace the chisel. call me or send me an email with the details.

joel

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 7:49 PM
Joel, yes in-store purchase when Robert Tarr and I stopped by in January 2006 after we were done "entertaining" customers one day. Good memory! I'll email you...and thanks for responding in the thread.