PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Creeker gathering

Al Willits
04-09-2007, 1:37 PM
Having finally found something to add to John Miliunas's killing spree arsenal, we are now working on a get together somewhere between the Cities and Spring Creek...whatever or where ever that is....
John has mentioned that maybe he can get Karl to ride shotgun (sorry) and we will meet somewhere half way between us.
I'd be glad to have someone tag along with me (Tyler expect a email soon) and maybe we can get a little gathering at some restaurant and chat for a bit.
Maybe John can throw some possible dates out and we can see who all would like to make it?
Be nice if it was a bit warmer though...:)

John has said the end of this month or early May would be nice, not sure why but he says Mothers Day is a no-go.

We'll work on a date as we go, but would welcome anybody who wants to join us.
Besides I think we can get John to buy lunch for us all....he hasn't said quite that, but I'm sure he'd be jumping at the chance...:)

Maybe jumping isn't quite the right word....

Anyway, if anybodies interested, please contact John or myself.

Al

Joe Breid
04-09-2007, 7:15 PM
Al,

I would love to join you, John, Karl, Tyler and whoever else wants to join in when you get together. Better yet, you can meet at my place. I can show you around my shop , just don't expect it to be too clean!!

Eau Claire is about halfway between you and John. I am 5 miles off of I-94 at exit 68.

My wife thought this is a great idea and is willing to prepare a meal for us. I could even be talked into firing up the grill and "burning" some meat.

Joe

Tyler Howell
04-09-2007, 8:08 PM
I don't know. Last time I hung out with that Packer backer bunch I laughed so hard, about wet myself:o http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35196 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35196)
It was this time of year too.
Let's find a date, this could be an annual event:eek: .

Al Willits
04-09-2007, 8:39 PM
OK, sounds like John gets out of the steak and lobster feast and Joe gets the horror...er....honors..:)

Actually I was thinking a resturant would be the easiest for all, but a
meet at Joe's would work, especially if you don't mind feeding the herd, lets see how many we get and go from there.
I'm betting some of us can bring something too if we meet at Joe's.

Eau Claire sounds fine considering its in Wisconnsin..:D

Anybody else maybe interested?

Al

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2007, 8:54 PM
Guys.........I just bought and paid for 12 airline tickets to Illinois. I've got a trip to Houston in June and I'm checking on airline tickets southern Illinois for the LOML and I to attend my 40th HS reunion in September. I wish I could afford to make one more trip this year but ........from a '60s formerly long haired rocker.........I'm all tripped out!

I'll be thinking about you! My blood pressure will be up and......I'll be GREEN with envy!

Karl Laustrup
04-10-2007, 9:12 AM
First I've seen this thread. Spring hasn't contacted me YET!!!! That's OK! I'm ready, willing and able where ever the winds may blow.

Guys.........I just bought and paid for 12 airline tickets to Illinois. I've got a trip to Houston in June and I'm checking on airline tickets southern Illinois for the LOML and I to attend my 40th HS reunion in September. I wish I could afford to make one more trip this year but ........from a '60s formerly long haired rocker.........I'm all tripped out!

I'll be thinking about you! My bud pressure will be up and......I'll be GREEN with envy!

WHOA! there Bud. 12 tickets for you and LOML to go to Illisnoise? Why would you want to go there 6 times? :eek: And not visit us wonderful folks to the north? :confused: :D

Well, when you get there, take a moment and listen. Did you hear that POP? Tune your nostrils into that wonderful aroma. YEP! That was an OS that you heard and can smell, but it'll be up here in Wisconsin and I'll be drinking it. :eek: :D

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
04-10-2007, 9:31 AM
WHOA! there Bud. 12 tickets for you and LOML to go to Illisnoise?
Well, when you get there, take a moment and listen. Did you hear that POP? Tune your nostrils into that wonderful aroma. YEP! That was an OS that you heard and can smell, but it'll be up here in Wisconsin and I'll be drinking it. :eek: :D

Karl

Karl....I made the mistake of pointing out to the LOML that both of our mothers are still alive...we now have two great grandchildren...and 5 generation photos are rare.......so...our oldest son and daughter and spouses....our two granddaughters and spouses....the two great grandkids....and the two of us......Weekend of July 29th...in Illinois.....5 generation family photos on both sides of our family......and

BTW Karl.....I don't like Orange Soda....:D

Phyllis Meyer
04-10-2007, 9:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

Is this gathering strictly for the woodworkers...or would you allow laser engravers to attend? My husband and I would love to meet you folks. (Ron is a fantastic woodworker that makes so much of what I laser...)Let's see...I would be happy to bring food, beverages...:) Let us know and we will be there with bells on, cheese in hand, and of course our Packers/Bears/Vikings gear on!!

Have a great day!
Ron & Phyllis Meyer (Antigo, Wisconsin)

Tyler Howell
04-10-2007, 9:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

Is this gathering strictly for the woodworkers...or would you allow laser engravers to attend? My husband and I would love to meet you folks. (Ron is a fantastic woodworker that makes so much of what I laser...)Let's see...I would be happy to bring food, beverages...:) Let us know and we will be there with bells on, cheese in hand, and of course our Packers/Bears/Vikings gear on!!

Have a great day!
Ron & Phyllis Meyer (Antigo, Wisconsin)
I don't know:confused: Starwars stuff:eek: ............OK.
Love to meet you Phyllis & Ron but watch out.
Somebody might show up with Thongs or underwear or something for everybody to wear:confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Al Willits
04-10-2007, 9:50 AM
Ken, hand the little women the camera, tickets, and wish her well.....then run for your life, if your fast enough you'll be able to make the gathering before the beatings start...:D
5 generations huh....whoa!

Phyllis I can't see why ya couldn't come, throw a little sawdust on ya, maybe a band aid or two, and you'll fit right in...its the thought that counts. :D

John...you keeping track of all this??, you are in charge btw....:)

Phyllis Meyer
04-10-2007, 9:59 AM
Dear Tyler,

Starwars...(our first baby was named "Jedi"...dog, the next two were named Kristina and Lyndsey...although Chewbakka and C-3-P.O. were high on the list:D ) Thongs...I'll laser engrave some for you all to wear...will not be responsible for the splinters... (yikes I better up our liability policy):D I'm already trying to decide what to bring for food...I'm Italian (and my Mama taught me how to cook...I wonder if I can laser lasagna)?????

Phyllis:)

Al Willits
04-12-2007, 2:39 PM
Just wondering if we shouldn't start trying to nail down a date for the grathering?
John, I think you wanted end of this month or beginning of next?
I have to work Saturday May 5th, but looks pretty clear other wise.
Anybody else??

Al

Joe Breid
04-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I am open the next 4 weekends.

Joe

Tyler Howell
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm free weekends of 13,27 & May 11

David Wilson
04-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Did I hear that John is buying? I'm in. Keep me in the loop.

John Miliunas
04-13-2007, 8:19 AM
.....Just sitting "in the wings" here, keeping track. Let's see if I've got this straight:
Tyler is buying us all 1st-class tickets to Vegas. Check.

Karl is in charge of ground transportation and has arranged for a fleet of Hummer limo's. Check.

Al is taking care of "Security" and will be bringing along appropriate munitions for protection, as well as enough ammo for a little "fun" time. Check.

Phyllis is reconfiguring her laser to bring along and be the highlight at one of the grand shows on the Strip. Check.

Joe and his bride will be taking over the kitchen at the Imperial Palace and show those clowns how a real meal should taste and be prepared. Check.

And finally, even though Ken can't make it, he's appointed me as Sargent At Arms for the group and will be sending me a specially prepared "Bonker" he's working on, to be sure everyone stays in line! :D Check.

Almost forgot: David W. is in charge of appropriating water craft for some fun in the closest lake. Check.
Seriously, this is starting to look real great! Joe, your offer as the "halfway point" and host is most fantastic!!! :) Phyllis, as it's already been pointed out, you are indeed most certainly welcome!!! This is gearing up to be an SMC event and that includes you laser and CNC folks, as well. Heck, they're even letting a couple Turners show up! :D

From the suggested dates, thus far, it's looking like the 27th of April or May 11th weekends are prime. However, it should be noted that, the weekend of the 11th is also Mother's Day Sunday. With that said, I'm leaning toward the 27th weekend.

Also, we need to get a list of "pot luck" items together to take along. I'll speak for Jill here and say that she's most likely to take care of the "Sweets" dept. (desert). I'll bring along some beer and soda. :)

This is starting to come together, folks! Oh, and would somebody please go rattle Dave Richard's cage??? He's up in that area, too. :) :cool:

Al Willits
04-13-2007, 8:38 AM
OK, the weekend of the 27th of April or May 11th works for me, also we doing this on a Saturday or Sunday?

Dave..YUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUUUUUUUUUUU where are you????

btw Shebeast has said she'll fire up the caldron and throw somebody....er...something in for us......well...she hasn't exactly said that, but when I mention I'll be cooking something on her new appliances, she'll kick me out and do it....I hope.
Other wise its peanut butter on crackers from me. :D

Depending on whether Tyler goes and if he rides with us, I may have room for one or two in case someone needs a lift.

Al.....who thinks being in charge of firearms and getting on a plane ought to be interesting...

Tyler Howell
04-13-2007, 9:04 AM
[quote=John Miliunas;566861].....Just sitting "in the wings" here, keeping track. Let's see if I've got this straight:

What's in that spring air. Have you been smokin or just snortin that spin crack??:D :D
Sat would be a good day in my thinking. I'm good for some BBQ wild rice meat balls.
I'll Car pool with you Al. I want another look at that ride of Beastie's
It was rated real high at the car show.

Dave Richards
04-13-2007, 9:10 AM
Al woke me up. What's all this about a gathering?

I'd love to join you all. I've never eaten lasered lasagna in boat in Las Vegas before. Sounds like a treat. :D

Unfortunately, the 27th is the weekend we're celebrating Ian's 3rd birthday and we have folks coming from out of town--Wisconsin mostly--for that. I imagine I would be sleeping in the bushes if I skipped out on that.

I'll be there in spirit though.

Al Willits
04-13-2007, 9:50 AM
Always fun to try and get everybody together at the same time.:)
Dave's no-show for the 27th, anybody have trouble with the week end of the 11th of May?

Al

John Miliunas
04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Always fun to try and get everybody together at the same time.:)
Dave's no-show for the 27th, anybody have trouble with the week end of the 11th of May?

Al

I'm OK with the 11th, as long as it's the Saturday. (Mother's Day and all that...:rolleyes: ):cool:

Phyllis Meyer
04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I told my husband that we were going to one of the greatest shin-digs this side of Lambeau Field...I mentioned that there would be: Guns, Gourmet Food, Beer, and of course that all the guys would be wearing wooden thongs...(I do need some measurements on those by the way so I can start lasering those designs.:D) And then I told him that we were being flown to Vegas! He said, "who are these people"?...I said..."I don't know, just some people from the interenet"...:cool:!

Any of those dates would work for us, and we will bring main dishes, salads, desserts, beverages...I love to cook! My husband is gathering up his rifles, guns, potato gun, table & band saw, routers...he said he wants to be prepared because we have never been to a party like this. Family gatherings are always a hoot, but this sounds like much more fun!

Ron & Phyllis Meyer:)

Al Willits
04-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Forgot it was Mothers Day...well lets see if it works anyway, Saturday is what we'll go for....or you could bring ma long...hehe

Something about wooden thongs and slivers that just doesn't sound right.....O-well..someone bring a tweezers will they?

They make thongs in a "manly" size btw?
No...not "that" size...think waistline....:D

Al

Nancy Laird
04-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Although I'm far, far away and can't participate in this gathering:( , I have to read along and laugh:) . This sort of reminds me of that episode of M*A*S*H where the gang tried to get their loved ones back in the US together for a party...all the jockeying about available dates takes me back.

LOML and I would LOVE to be able to attend and participate - however, it's a little far from NM for a day trip:( :( . We will be there in spirit. We are having a "sort-of" Creeker gathering on the 13th at our house - a couple of members here, some from a couple of other forums, for a pot-luck picnic:) . Carol Reed (The Router Lady) will be in town and staying with us, so we are looking forward to it. We don't mind having the picnic on Mother's Day - I think all of our mothers are either deceased or live away from NM, so all us females will just let the males wait on us that day.:rolleyes: :p :eek: Right, Carol, Betty, Rita? We're just gonna sit back and watch the food burn on the grill while the guys talk shop.

Have a great time. PICTURES!!! Or it didn't happen. Remember that!

Nancy

Phyllis Meyer
04-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Nancy,

I was thinking the same thing about the MASH episode. I'm sure there will be pictures...or, we might have to sign something that reads, "What Happens In Wisconsin...Stays In Wisconsin"! Your gathering sounds great also!

John Schreiber
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
It's about 7 hours from my house, and I don't think I could pull it off.

I'm still thinking about it though. Anybody else thinking of coming from East Central Illinois?

Phyllis Meyer
04-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

If this will help, we live in Antigo (look at a Wisconsin map, Wausau is east of Eau Claire, and we are 35 miles northeast of there). We have 2 bedrooms upstairs, a full family room that can fit air mattresses, cots...plus...my husband and hunting crew built a "hunting shack" on a trailer equipped with 4 beds, cooking facilities, bathroom, and I'm sure a bottle or two of their uncle's best moonshine. If anyone would like to stay at our place after the festivities, no problem (or are we supposed to bring our sleeping bags for the gathering)? Seriously, our home is open if anyone needs a place to stay!

Oh, gosh...my husband will come home from work today and say "now people with guns, wearing lasered wooden thongs are staying at our house"? He's going to disconnect the internet for sure!:D

Joe Breid
04-14-2007, 3:13 PM
Saturday April 28 Is the best day for me.

Joe

John Miliunas
04-14-2007, 4:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

If this will help, we live in Antigo (look at a Wisconsin map, Wausau is east of Eau Claire, and we are 35 miles northeast of there). We have 2 bedrooms upstairs, a full family room that can fit air mattresses, cots...plus...my husband and hunting crew built a "hunting shack" on a trailer equipped with 4 beds, cooking facilities, bathroom, and I'm sure a bottle or two of their uncle's best moonshine. If anyone would like to stay at our place after the festivities, no problem (or are we supposed to bring our sleeping bags for the gathering)? Seriously, our home is open if anyone needs a place to stay!

Oh, gosh...my husband will come home from work today and say "now people with guns, wearing lasered wooden thongs are staying at our house"? He's going to disconnect the internet for sure!:D

Hmmmm...That hunting shack sounds interesting!!! :) (...or is it the moonshine that caught my eye???:eek: :D ):cool:

John Miliunas
04-14-2007, 4:12 PM
Saturday April 28 Is the best day for me.

Joe

OK, people...Sounds like the "host with the most" has spoken! :) I hate like heck to do this to my buddy Dave R., as I know he'd love to be there but, it looks like the 28th would work best for most others.

What say 'ye????:confused: :) :cool:

Carol Reed
04-14-2007, 4:18 PM
If its the 28th, would you permit an Arizona refugee to slip over the Iowa state line in case she has her preparations for finals in hand?

John Miliunas
04-14-2007, 4:24 PM
If its the 28th, would you permit an Arizona refugee to slip over the Iowa state line in case she has her preparations for finals in hand?

Carol, we'd be honored!!! :) :cool:

Al Willits
04-15-2007, 10:45 AM
OK, the 28th is appears to be, what about time, directions, and who all can make it?

Also a list of stuff we could bring maybe?
I'll take care of the Lutefisk, I'm sure you'll all enjoy my BBQ version, it has a taste you can't describe....:)

Al....can't get rid of either, come to think of it.....

Andy Hoyt
04-15-2007, 11:58 AM
......I don't like Orange Soda....:D But Ken - Moxie comes in an orange can and we all know the extremes you go to to score the stuff.

John Miliunas
04-15-2007, 12:39 PM
OK, the 28th is appears to be, what about time, directions, and who all can make it?

Also a list of stuff we could bring maybe?
I'll take care of the Lutefisk, I'm sure you'll all enjoy my BBQ version, it has a taste you can't describe....:)

Al....can't get rid of either, come to think of it.....

I'm "IN"! :D The LOML has already agreed to fix up a desert or two. :) :cool:

Joe Breid
04-15-2007, 3:24 PM
OK, here are my thoughts:

Time-- I am open to making a full day of this gathering (10:00am to ?) For a more defined time how about 2:00pm to 8:00pm?

I have 2 lathes if someone is interested in playing or showing what they can do. (PM 3520 and Jet mini) Bring your own wood or use some of mine.

LOML and I will furnish the meat, beverages and also the Baked Beans since I know someone who makes nothing but the "Best".

For directions please send me a PM or email me at jbreid@charter.net and I will send them to you. Also let me know how many are coming.

I will be traveling all of this week and will have limited access to a computer so I may be slow to resond.

Hopefully this gives a framework for everyone to plan to.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joe

John Miliunas
04-15-2007, 3:53 PM
OK, here are my thoughts:

Time-- I am open to making a full day of this gathering (10:00am to ?) For a more defined time how about 2:00pm to 8:00pm?

I have 2 lathes if someone is interested in playing or showing what they can do. (PM 3520 and Jet mini) Bring your own wood or use some of mine.

LOML and I will furnish the meat, beverages and also the Baked Beans since I know someone who makes nothing but the "Best".

For directions please send me a PM or email me at jbreid@charter.net and I will send them to you. Also let me know how many are coming.

I will be traveling all of this week and will have limited access to a computer so I may be slow to resond.

Hopefully this gives a framework for everyone to plan to.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joe

Sounds awesome, Joe! Man, I for one, greatly appreciate you stepping up to the plate on this one! :) I'll be sending along an email to you shortly. Thanks again, my friend! This is looking up to be a grand time! (Let's all start praying for nice weather, too!!!) :) :cool:

Al Willits
04-15-2007, 4:16 PM
Might as well tar and feather me, I screwed up, seems wife has to work that day and its her birthday, can only blame age and crs desease.
Major screw up on my part, sorry.

Al

Dan Mages
04-15-2007, 4:54 PM
"What Happens In Wisconsin...Stays In Wisconsin"! ....

Huh??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/DanMages/Cow.jpg

:eek: :rolleyes:

Dan Mages
04-15-2007, 4:56 PM
.....Just sitting "in the wings" here, keeping track. Let's see if I've got this straight:
Tyler is buying us all 1st-class tickets to Vegas. Check.

Karl is in charge of ground transportation and has arranged for a fleet of Hummer limo's. Check.

Al is taking care of "Security" and will be bringing along appropriate munitions for protection, as well as enough ammo for a little "fun" time. Check.

Phyllis is reconfiguring her laser to bring along and be the highlight at one of the grand shows on the Strip. Check.

Joe and his bride will be taking over the kitchen at the Imperial Palace and show those clowns how a real meal should taste and be prepared. Check.

And finally, even though Ken can't make it, he's appointed me as Sargent At Arms for the group and will be sending me a specially prepared "Bonker" he's working on, to be sure everyone stays in line! :D Check.

Almost forgot: David W. is in charge of appropriating water craft for some fun in the closest lake. Check.
Seriously, this is starting to look real great! Joe, your offer as the "halfway point" and host is most fantastic!!! :) Phyllis, as it's already been pointed out, you are indeed most certainly welcome!!! This is gearing up to be an SMC event and that includes you laser and CNC folks, as well. Heck, they're even letting a couple Turners show up! :D

From the suggested dates, thus far, it's looking like the 27th of April or May 11th weekends are prime. However, it should be noted that, the weekend of the 11th is also Mother's Day Sunday. With that said, I'm leaning toward the 27th weekend.

Also, we need to get a list of "pot luck" items together to take along. I'll speak for Jill here and say that she's most likely to take care of the "Sweets" dept. (desert). I'll bring along some beer and soda. :)

This is starting to come together, folks! Oh, and would somebody please go rattle Dave Richard's cage??? He's up in that area, too. :) :cool:

And who is bringing the keg?

Nothing funner than a group of drunk woodworkers with heavy weaponry! :rolleyes:

Karl Laustrup
04-15-2007, 6:39 PM
OK! So let me get this straight. The 28th of April. At Joe's place in Eau Claire. Let's see that's about 2 hours away. This is really looking like a fun gathering. :D

We'll have people from Minny-no-place, Antigo, Just Outside of Spring Green, The Dells and ARIZONA? Am I missing anybody? Speak up if I missed anyone.

How about Maine? Joe said he'd let you try out his mustard magic Andy. :D But you'll have to leave the Moxie home. Some kind of law against that stuff here in Wisconsin. Something about the cows and the strange flavor it gives to the cheese.

Although we'll be in the land of Lienenkugel's, I'm sure we could find a few OS's for you Ken. ;) :D Maybe even enough to take a few home. ;) ;)

I must remember to bring my optimum shop tool from the gathering in La Crosse last year. For those of you that missed that meeting I'm sure Tyler could be persuaded to demonstrate the multitude of uses again. ;) :eek: This is not to be missed. It alone is worth the price of admission.

OK!!! We'll now return you to your normally scheduled programming.

Karl

Tyler Howell
04-15-2007, 7:06 PM
Might as well tar and feather me, I screwed up, seems wife has to work that day and its her birthday, can only blame age and crs desease.
Major screw up on my part, sorry.

Al
So Al are you in or do I have to find my own ride:confused:
I'm in, BBQ meat balls and beverage. The kind you can drive with.

Any Miniapple folks wanna car pool??

John Miliunas
04-15-2007, 7:15 PM
So Al are you in or do I have to find my own ride:confused:

Any Miniapple folks wanna car pool??

I'm tryin' to talk him into getting the LOHL to take the day off and come to WI to celebrate her birthday in style!!! :D :cool:

Al Willits
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Wife has to only work half day, so it looks like a go after all...whew!

We'll leave here about 12:30 and be there about 2:00.
Tyler, we have to leave from there about 6:00 or so because of the dog, if that's ok, your still on to ride with us if ya want.
Let us know.

Al

John Miliunas
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
"Whew" is right! Dang it, man. Work, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, funerals...All that stuff needs to be put in its proper order of priority. SMC gatherings #1. Schedule the rest of the stuff around them! :D Glad you'll be able to come! :) :cool:

Tyler, we have to leave from there about 6:00 or so because of the dog, if that's ok, your still on to ride with us if ya want.
Let us know.

Al

Al Willits
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
OK, sounds like along with the lobster and steak, John is gonna bring the desert..

Tyler is gonna bring BBQ Meatballs.

I've been told that after being in the fridge for over 23 years, that to serve my Lutefisk to anybody that wasn't Scandahovien would lead to lawsuits and the EMS being needed.
So I'll have come up with something else, so I'll let ya know..... just as soon as Lori lets me know what it is...

Ok, John may not bring lobster and steak.....:)

Anybody else?

Al

Phyllis Meyer
04-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Ron & Phyllis Meyer will be there and we will bring: Something Italian for sure, potato something, salads, fruit bowl, beverages...Thanks to the hosts for their generous offer to allow us to attend this fine gathering. How about if we all bring Steaks? Burgers? Brats (we have one of the finest small town meat processing places that make the greatest Brats you will ever taste). That way the burden of all the meat isn't on the hosts? Just a thought!

If there is anything else we can do from here, let us know. And the offer still stands about a place to stay!:)

Ron & Phyllis

Tyler Howell
04-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Let us know.

Al
Al if this is ripping Pah,..tay......I may have to find my own way home:rolleyes: :D :D

Al Willits
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Tyler, we're working on trying to get the dog boarded, that happens we can stay longer.

So we have John, with Desert
Tyler with BBQ meatballs
Phyllis/Ron with Brats
Al/Lori with Tequilaberry salad

Al....who'll also bring the peanut butter for the hambugers.

ps...any idea on total head count so far?

Joel Ficke
04-16-2007, 1:13 PM
Workd for me. I'm a little north of Eau Claire. One thing to keep in mind is the weekend of April 28th is the Northwoods show in MPLS.

Al Willits
04-16-2007, 1:16 PM
Seen that Joel, but the show runs from the 26th though the 29th and hopefully most can work around that.

Al

Aaron Black
04-17-2007, 5:26 PM
im intrested in going however i dont know how to pm for directions but if you guys dont mind a newbe coming out i can probably make it id even be willing to give somebody a ride if they needed one i dont have to be back early for a dog (no offence intended) sorry about all the lower case and no punctuation kid spilled pop on keyboard need to buy ahother

Al Willits
04-17-2007, 6:31 PM
Aaron might be Tylers ride home if he gets to "pah tay har tay"...:)

Dog has Addison's desease btw, doesn't do well with stress, sometimes doesn't do well at all..

Al

Carol Reed
04-18-2007, 3:10 PM
Anybody along the path between Dubuque, IA and the destination of this gathering? I'd like to not have to drive the whole distance by myself. :)

Tyler Howell
04-18-2007, 3:26 PM
No worries mate!
I can roll with the best of them. :rolleyes:

Al Willits
04-18-2007, 3:55 PM
Tyler, whatever works...:D

Latest is, because we can't get the dog in the kennel or someone to watch her, I'll be coming by myself.:(

Al

Karl Laustrup
04-18-2007, 4:18 PM
Might have a solution for you Carol. Hang tight.

Karl

Belinda Barfield
04-18-2007, 4:51 PM
I've been following the planning closely, and am SOOO envious that I can't join in! Gotta' tell you, this has the makings of one of them there reality shows. Pics just won't be good enough . . . we all need a full video of the event. Specially them thongs Phyllis is makin'. Can't wait to see y'all hit the runway!! Seriously, I'd love to be there but have other plans. I'm going to the Charlie Daniels Volunteer Jam with (duh) Charlie Daniels Band, The Marshall Tucker Band, and The Outlaws. Wait a minute! Maybe we can move the concert to the SMC gathering! :eek: Kinda like you guys bring the food, I'll bring the bands. Wish I could!

Safe travel to everyone, and I'll be with you in spirit. Please try to leave the host's house still standing!:) Okay, in reading that it could be taken two ways. Make sure the house is in one piece, if you're not still standing when you leave then it was a PAR TAY!

Karl Laustrup
04-19-2007, 8:47 AM
Carol, check your PM's.

Karl

Barry Stratton
04-19-2007, 5:42 PM
This sounds like an interesting get-to-gether! Since I won't be in Minnie Soda until early June, I'll have to plan to meet up with the survivors next year......:D

Carol Reed
04-19-2007, 6:14 PM
I've replied, Karl. Thanks.

Al Willits
04-23-2007, 4:11 PM
Actually getting close enough to ask a few questions, we figuring on food for a dozen will do it?
I'm bringing tequilaberry salad and the wife wants to know how much I'm to bring...:D

Anything else I can pick up?

Also we figuring on anytime after noon or so for time?

Al

Joe Breid
04-23-2007, 7:27 PM
Here is the up to date list that I have.

Carol Reed
Karl Launstrup
Aaron Black
Al Willits
John Miliunas
Tyler Howell
Ronald and Phyllis Meyer
Joe and Mabel Breid

Anytime noon or after will be fine to show up. With what everyone has offered to bring we will have plenty to eat.

Sounds like the weather will be great as it is forecast to be partly cloudy and 70 degrees.

Anything else?

Joe

Karl Laustrup
04-24-2007, 5:31 AM
Looks like we're set for a good old meet and greet......"Creeker Style". :D

Carol, Spring and I will be heading up that way Saturday morning and we're looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

And thanks again Joe for offering up a meeting place.

Karl

Tyler Howell
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Looks like a Pah Tae.
Thanks Joe.

Al,
What time we headed out?? Is Lori coming:confused:

Al Willits
04-24-2007, 12:28 PM
No, Lori's staying home, can't get the dog in a kennel and sil won't be able to take care of her.
Figure what, a hour & half to get there?
Maybe leave about 11?
Wanna have breakfast before?

Al

Steve Clardy
04-24-2007, 1:18 PM
Wooden Thong Party :confused: :eek: :D

Ya'll have fun now;) :D

Phyllis Meyer
04-25-2007, 8:56 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry to say that we can't make the gathering:( Our daughter just found out last night that she is receiving an award at college in Madison on Saturday and...I think we have to go!

We were so looking forward to this, to meet everyone and have a great time. Our kids would be the only thing stopping us and so we have to decline. We hope that everyone takes pictures and maybe we can have an Antigo gathering this summer. You all can bring some of your wood creations and we can laser them for you!

Sadly disappointed,
Ron & Phyllis Meyer:(

John Miliunas
04-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Well now, if that ain't a bummer! :( And here I was even getting ready to pack an extra set of tweezers in case someone got splinters from them wooden thongs! :D

Hey, kids come first and we all understand that. There WILL be other gatherings and I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to meet more Creekers. You have fun in Mad city on Saturday and be sure to give your daughter a "Congrats" from us, as well! :) :cool:

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry to say that we can't make the gathering:( Our daughter just found out last night that she is receiving an award at college in Madison on Saturday and...I think we have to go!

We were so looking forward to this, to meet everyone and have a great time. Our kids would be the only thing stopping us and so we have to decline. We hope that everyone takes pictures and maybe we can have an Antigo gathering this summer. You all can bring some of your wood creations and we can laser them for you!

Sadly disappointed,
Ron & Phyllis Meyer:(

Phyllis Meyer
04-26-2007, 3:08 PM
Thanks for your kind words. We will really miss meeting all of you, but like I said, we will have to do the "Antigo Gathering" one day this summer.

Mad Town...we literally hand the keys over to our daughter and say; "you drive". Nice enough city but...being "Antigonians", not our kind of place to live:eek:.

Enjoy the get together...the weather should be beautiful! Keep those tweezers, one of these days woodworkers all over Wisconsin will want a pair of those lasered thongs!

Sincerely,
Ron & Phyllis Meyer:)

Karl Laustrup
04-26-2007, 4:08 PM
Just noticed that you can't make the shindig Phyllis. We shall certainly miss meeting you and Ron. :(

We will, however, try and carry on in the true tradition that has become synonomous with "Creeker" gatherings. ;) :eek: :D

Karl

David Wilson
04-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Sorry folks, we won't make it.

Al Willits
04-27-2007, 10:24 AM
And then there were ......

Sorry ya all can't make it, sounds like a good time, hopefully next time.

Anybody else that hasn't posted think they can make it?
Room in the car for one more coming from Mpls fwiw

Al

Tyler Howell
04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
And then there were ......

Sorry ya all can't make it, sounds like a good time, hopefully next time.

Anybody else that hasn't posted think they can make it?
Room in the car for one more coming from Mpls fwiw

Al
Al, we're some pretty big guys :o :rolleyes: :D .
You don't wan't to be giving up any space:eek: ;) .
I'll drop bye your place about 11:30
TJH

Carol Reed
04-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm leaving Dubuque around 6ish AM and heading to the Dells to meet up with Karl. Anybody along the way want to come?

Of course, I say that without knowing if there is more room with Karl and the guys. :eek:

BTW, Karl, thanks for the overnight invite but end of the semester demands require me to get my tush back here soonest and re-apply nose to the grindstone.... :rolleyes:

Al Willits
04-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Tyler, we always have the trunk we can stuff someone in...:D
Wife's car ain't that small....well...neither are we come to think of it...:)
See ya then.

Al