PDA

View Full Version : Shop Shots

Bill Webber
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I finally got around to updating my web page for the new shop in Pennsylvania. It's way too much info to post directly here. But, if it's pics you like, lots of new ones here. Follow this link:
http://www.oldtoolsshop.com/Galoots/wWebber/ and click on New Workshop.

Some content:

It shows some too-big MM tools
How not to install a dust collector
Is your shop carpeted?
T50 shaper mobility kit
Improvement in MM20 mobility
and lotsa pictures.

Let me know if something doesn't work (Had to re-learn all this stuff after only 3 years) :rolleyes:

Regards,

Bill W.

Ted Miller
04-09-2007, 1:17 PM
Bill, Nice shop, wow its clean. I love all those Stanley Plane boxes...

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 1:19 PM
Very nice setup, Bill!!! Where in PA?

Oh...when you have the opportunity, please post a thread about the auxiliary table you made for the slider show in the ripping paragraph. I'd like to see how you constructed it, etc. Thanks in advance!

Bill Webber
04-09-2007, 2:22 PM
Oh...when you have the opportunity, please post a thread about the auxiliary table you made for the slider show in the ripping paragraph.
I blew this up from one of the other photos. It's made from MDF/Melamine. There's a notched horizontal piece that drops behind the hangers used for the outrigger. A couple horizontal supports mortised into the hanger board and into the top piece keep it ridgid. The top/table has a T-track inlet in the middle. There is a piece of stick on tape measure beside the T-track. The stop is cut so that the measurement is indicated at the back edge, on the tape. The stop has two t-nuts and knobs for positioning it. There's also a bit of UHMW under the stop to keep it tight in the track.

All very expediant. I had to come up with something quickly when I took the rip fence off.

PS the clamps are just parked there, nothing to do with the jig

Regards,

Biil W.

Roy Wall
04-09-2007, 2:31 PM
Bill,

Great SHOP!!! and nice tour...... THanks!!

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 2:32 PM
Ok that makes sense. I was going to ask Sam about his, but this could be just the ticket for my next jig-making sesson!

Did you get an extra set of the outrigger hardware or do you only use this with the miter guage? And again, where in PA have you settled to roost?

Mario Lucchesi
04-09-2007, 3:13 PM
That is absolutly amazing. It looks as clean as an operating room, very well organized.

First class all the way.

thank you for posting.

Bill Webber
04-09-2007, 3:50 PM
Did you get an extra set of the outrigger hardware or do you only use this with the miter guage? And again, where in PA have you settled to roost?

No, I'm using the outrigger hardware. I don't do a lot with sheet goods, so I don't expect the outrigger to be used much. (I wonder what the saw would have cost without the rip fence and outrigger? ;) )

We bought a place near Oxford.

Bill W.

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 3:56 PM
We bought a place near Oxford.

Hmm...I smell a Creeker Visit the next time I head to the "candy store" that is also in Oxford...LOL. You couldn't have picked a better place to settle when it comes to beautiful countyside and proximity to Hearne!

Rich Torino
04-09-2007, 4:02 PM
Real nice shop Bill. It's so imaculate I assume it's the shop where you just take pictures....

Bill Webber
04-09-2007, 8:11 PM
I know you guys are just ribbing me about keeping my shop clean. I know yours is as clean as mine. But don't you just hate it though! :mad: I mean, every couple weeks you have to carry out that stack of cut-offs that keeps falling over. You push them off to the edge of the table, but after a while you just had to stack them cuz there won't be room to make a cross-cut if you don't. Then there's the long rip pieces. You keep kicking the sticks back under the saw, but every once in a while you kick one on the end and it skitters across the room. No big deal, but then you trip over the dang thing... for the third time. Then there's those little piece of sandpaper you folded up to do some detail finishing. After a while with everything covered with sawdust you can't find them any longer. So, after you dump all the scraps, you turn on the dust collector, grab the air gun and start blowing the stuff off. Gotta be careful to grab those little scraps of sandpaper as they go flying by. There goes an occasional pencil and maybe some important notes, but it has to be done. No need to be too careful. If anything important hits the floor you'll know it when it ricochets up through the dust collector. Now, put the air hose away and sweep up whatever you can see. Don't worry about behind anything, you'll blow it out again in a couple weeks. There finally done... twenty minutes this time. Longer than usual. Oops, better empty the dust bin again. Gosh, look at all the sandpaper in there! :D:D:D :p

Bill W.

Eric Wong
04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Holy cow, is that carpet in the new shop?