PDA

View Full Version : Lovely spring weather

Tim Wagner
04-08-2007, 11:26 PM
This was befor the snow, at the beach on the shore of beutiful lake erie.

Tim Wagner
04-08-2007, 11:29 PM
And then after. pics taken on my street.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-08-2007, 11:30 PM
And we opened out windows as it was supposed to be and probably got to 79 F here in central Idaho today........go figure!

Joe Pelonio
04-09-2007, 8:04 AM
Beautiful Easter here too, I can't remember the last time is was sunny and 65
on Easter. We did get rain in the evening though, and again this morning.

Tyler Howell
04-09-2007, 8:06 AM
Beautiful Day!!!
Only 29* but Beautiful;)

Belinda Barfield
04-09-2007, 8:10 AM
We set a record for the low last night, 35 I think. High of 62 today. Two weeks ago we were sunbathing in the 80s. No wonder I have a runny nose!

Rob Russell
04-09-2007, 8:20 AM
We woke up to temps in the 20's on Easter too. That's not quite as unusual for New England as it is for Georgia!

I'll admit to feeling a bit of sympathy for the folks in Ohio and the other areas that got whacked with the snowstorm over the weekend. Once you get to the point of being ready for spring, having a snowstorm dump a foot like that can really put a crimp in your plans.

Larry Browning
04-09-2007, 8:20 AM
Well, the thing I noticed in these before and after pics is that they sure built a lot of houses on that lake in a week!!!!!:D

Tim Wagner
04-09-2007, 8:56 AM
whats funny is that all the robins came up for spring, and now they camp out under the deck, they also hang out by the back door waiting for me to throw seed out since they can't get to the ground to feed.

Joe Pelonio
04-09-2007, 9:29 AM
whats funny is that all the robins came up for spring, and now they camp out under the deck, they also hang out by the back door waiting for me to throw seed out since they can't get to the ground to feed.
Ant chance the Mariners/Indians games will take place today?

Tim Wagner
04-09-2007, 9:37 AM
who knows, it's not snowing now. but they have 14" of snow to remove. there was talk of moving the games to LA, CA.

Jim Becker
04-09-2007, 9:59 AM
At least the un-found Easter Eggs will remain preserved for a few more days... :D

David G Baker
04-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Tim,
There have been hundreds of Robins all over my area of Mid Michigan. We had some snow and but most of it melted yesterday but it is falling again. The Robins were picking through the lawn in areas where the snow had melted. They are also eating the apples that stayed on the trees over the Winter. We have been feeding them raisins when the ground is covered. They seem to like them.
We have also been invaded by Red Winged Black Birds, much more than normal. They have been roosting in the Maple trees singing like crazy. My place sounds like an aviary.

Brett Baldwin
04-09-2007, 3:28 PM
I spent Easter weekend in San Antonio, TX where they set record lows with temps in the mid 30s. I was also lucky enough to have the unheated attic of the shop as my bunkhouse so the getting out of bed in the morning was even harder than usual as I didn't want to leave my cocoon of warmth. Otherwise it was a pleasant weekend with a large chunk of family and my grandmother turning 90.

Bruce Page
04-09-2007, 4:05 PM
Don’t ya just love April! Cold & crummy here too.

Mandell Mann
04-09-2007, 6:34 PM
That looks good. It's time for me to take the cruiser out of storage and bust some waves.:cool:

Joe Pelonio
04-11-2007, 5:52 PM
It's definitely spring here, the first of our rhododendrons is in full bloom.
Though it was 34 with frost this morning, it's sunny and 64 now.

David G Baker
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
We have three inches of the white stuff on the ground now with more to come. Nice thing, it is up to 32 degrees out.

Phyllis Meyer
04-12-2007, 9:58 AM
As the phone rang at: 3:00 this morning...husband is a County Highway snowplow driver, we said to each other again...why do we live here? We only got a few inches with slippery roads, down in the southern part of the state they received more. It's April 12, I want spring!

Phyllis:)

Fred Voorhees
04-12-2007, 1:28 PM
Yeah, I feel for ya'. We have been having a somewhat miserable springtime thus far here in the Jersey/Pennsy area also. We did get teased with some days up in the 70's and maybe 80's. But for the most part, it has been dreary and cold and wet. Not nice since it is now time to be out on the weekends trying to land a nice bass or pickeral or be at the local dirt track.