PDA

View Full Version : My gift to the Princess

Mark Singer
12-25-2003, 11:56 AM
I finally got the closet done for Christmas! Wow what a project. 24 drawers....14 support poles... countless shelves... a hamper ...pass thru chute... steamer cbinet...family photo area... I was so glad to get all this stuff out of the worksop...I can actually walk around now.I did all this in time for the Holidays ....she loves it...My wife got me a hat...
there is a little something in the Garage I won't mention...I am very happy.
Merry Christmas to all of you...enjoy the day with your family...
Mark

Ken Garlock
12-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Mark, the only thing missing is a chaise lounge :) Beautiful work, as always.

Merry Christmas....

Dave Crabbs
12-25-2003, 8:25 PM
Very nice job on the closet Mark. I like the way you mixed the metal poles and the wood cabinets. By the way what is the wood and metal you used? I'm guessing cherry and stainless or brush aluminum.

Happy Holidays,
Dave

Mark Singer
12-25-2003, 8:37 PM
Very nice job on the closet Mark. I like the way you mixed the metal poles and the wood cabinets. By the way what is the wood and metal you used? I'm guessing cherry and stainless or brush aluminum.

Happy Holidays,
Dave

Dave,
Thanks, the wood is walnut . The fascias and trim are solid walnut. The drawer fronts , doors panels and tops are walnut vennered plywood. I collaborated with Frank Smart who made the stainless steel poles and door frames. He even made the hinges and pulls. He is a crazy Scotsman and his work is great. Merry Christmas.
Mark