PDA

View Full Version : Router Table Height - Love that 42"+

Jeff Wright
04-08-2007, 7:23 PM
A few weeks ago I received my new Woodpecker router table system with the Incra set up. Thanks to another poster here on SCWF who alerted me to a great sale price, I equipped it with the PC 7518 router at a great price of $219 (thanks!). One of the reasons I got the Woodpecker was the ability to adjust the steel stand to a high level. Now that I have built some things, I am convinced that many folks run their equipment at too low a level. I have no back strain (even after making box joints on sides that were 13x46) and have a great sense of control. This may be old news to most of you veteran woodworkers, but as a reborn woodworker after a 30+ year absence, these new fangled machines are a whole new experience.

Orson Carter
04-08-2007, 7:27 PM
Hi Jeff,

Couldn't agree more. All my work surfaces are at around 40+" and I find that I can get better results at this height. Only thing though, is that you need great dust extraction.:)

Regards,

Orson

Jeff Wright
04-08-2007, 8:25 PM
Hi Jeff,

Couldn't agree more. All my work surfaces are at around 40+" and I find that I can get better results at this height. Only thing though, is that you need great dust extraction.:)

Regards,

Orson

I agree. I have been impressed with the elimination of nearly all dust with my Oneida Gorilla 3HP DC. When using the router table, I hook it up to the 4 inch duct on the Woodpecker table and if I am using the Incra Wonder Fence feature, I'll connect the Festool C22 vacuum to the fence's port. The dust doesn't have a fightin' chance.

Grant Lasson
04-09-2007, 5:57 PM
My router table is almost 40" and it is perfect. I cannot comprehend how table saw extension setups work out in the long run. I've got my mortiser set at the same height. Spread the word: some height is easy on your back!